2021 Stock Market

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That is what is so funny about this -- there is nothing illegal going on here.

But it is still (collectively) manipulating a stock price.

The degenerates on WSB found a loophole, and they're punishing these hedge funds with it.

I will absolutely love it when legislation gets proposed. Going to need a new word for hypocrisy.

• Agree
Reactions: Sigmapolis

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
That is what is so funny about this -- there is nothing illegal going on here.

But it is still (collectively) manipulating a stock price.

The degenerates on WSB found a loophole, and they're punishing these hedge funds with it.

I still don't know HOW they did it. Im pretty astute when it comes to how to invest but how did a collection of unrelated people drive the price up? I'm not asking "what is shorting", I'm asking how they forced shirts to cover?

Reactions: HFCS

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I have some $500 in fun money what do I put it in to get on this ride?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
how did a collection of unrelated people drive the price up?

How...?

They just bought a lot of GME. You know, the traditional way you raise a stock's price.

It really is just that simple. That is what is brilliant about this. It doesn't take an exotic strategy.

You just need to buy it.

The reason this has never really happened before was because retail investors could never coordinate with each other to have enough buying power to drive the price up and bury the short-sellers.

But then came along Wall Street Bets, a popular subreddit describing itself as, "4chan found a Bloomberg Terminal."

Now the retail buyers can coordinate with each other. And they're on a search-and-destroy mission.

I love it!

Reactions: isutrevman

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Looks like Schwab/Ameritrade is restricting trade on GME, AMC to ease the burden on their servers. So there will be some delays.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
God I would love to see webcam on some high rollers on wall sheet refreshing that subreddit over and over shitting their pants praying to god one of their businesses isn't next.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
God I would love to see webcam on some high rollers on wall sheet refreshing that subreddit over and over shitting their pants praying to god one of their businesses isn't next.
There's a live chat/discord with 150k people that's even better to watch lol

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I still don't know HOW they did it. Im pretty astute when it comes to how to invest but how did a collection of unrelated people drive the price up? I'm not asking "what is shorting", I'm asking how they forced shirts to cover?

Those GME stock owners also told their brokers not to lend their shares short. Don’t piss off gamers who are good at math. Those big shorters have been pooping and scooping for a long time. Fun to behold.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Got 20 shares of Nokia and 10 of AMC to just see if this goes crazy. I've peed away more money than that on stupid things so I decided to see if I can make a couple bucks here.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
TD Ameritrade and other brokers limiting trading on GME, AMC, and others should literally be illegal. What's the definition of "limiting" how is that regulated? Wtf?

Reactions: isutrevman

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
TD Ameritrade and other brokers limiting trading on GME, AMC, and others should literally be illegal. What's the definition of "limiting" how is that regulated? Wtf?

I wonder if they are limiting it on margin accounts. If someone has cash in there to cover it, it should not be blocked. If being borrowed, I could kind of understand them protecting themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: Tri4Cy