***2021 PGA Tour Thread***

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Great recovery shot, yes!

I always get a kick at how close the fans/gallery gets on some of these shots. I know these guys are pros but still with a lie like that, I'm not sure I'd be that close to immediate right, downrange!

And btw, it looks like from this clip anyway, they are letting some fans back in!

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
He did it again today. Unfortunately his 2nd shot from 88 yards on the Par 5 wasn't good:

Reactions: 3TrueFans

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
This Brycen crap is so stupid. The intent of that 6th hole is completely destroyed with his antics. Bifurcate and roll back the ball.

Go Westy.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I think the intent is to get the ball in the hole in as few strokes as possible.

Yes, I’m sure when the architect designed that hole with persimmon drivers they thought 400 yard drives were the standard. It might as well be mini golf if that’s where the game is going

• Haha
Reactions: CychiatricWard

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Time to go back to no forward pass in football, no 3-pt line in basketball, and ban stealing bases in baseball.

That’s not what the argument for bifurcation and technology roll back is about and it’s a bad faith argument. The whole game of golf is at a crossroads because the current path is unsustainable.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
That’s not what the argument for bifurcation and technology roll back is about and it’s a bad faith argument. The whole game of golf is at a crossroads because the current path is unsustainable.

There is literally one guy that does what Bryson does and it’s not like he wins every week. Course layout renovation is the equalizer. The things that Jack has done and is in the process of doing at Muirfield are incredible. Not just lengthening, but with changing sight lines, elevations, and removing and adding hazards.

The players are thinking about the game differently but so are designers. The natural course is that the players get out front, then courses catch up, then player get ahead again, and courses catch up again.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
There is literally one guy that does what Bryson does and it’s not like he wins every week. Course layout renovation is the equalizer. The things that Jack has done and is in the process of doing at Muirfield are incredible. Not just lengthening, but with changing sight lines, elevations, and removing and adding hazards.

The players are thinking about the game differently but so are designers. The natural course is that the players get out front, then courses catch up, then player get ahead again, and courses catch up again.

The R&A and USGA distance report disagrees with everything you just said.

The solid core golf ball has only been around since 1998. The 460cc driver heads are only 20 years old. This problem is new and will only get worse until something is done.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
The R&A and USGA distance report disagrees with everything you just said.

The solid core golf ball has only been around since 1998. The 460cc driver heads are only 20 years old. This problem is new and will only get worse until something is done.

Bay Hill Final Rd says hold its beer.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
DeChambeau holds on to win at Bay Hill by 1 shot over Westwood.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
@Hoggins seems grumps for some reason. If what Bryson is doing is easy then everyone would do it. Equipment and training have changed rapidly and the courses will catch up soon enough.

You also make it sound like it’s easy to bomb drives and keep them in play. It’s a risk that has paid off for him and kills him some weeks.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
This Brycen crap is so stupid. The intent of that 6th hole is completely destroyed with his antics. Bifurcate and roll back the ball.

Go Westy.

Also, love that Bryson won. He gets so much hate, some deserved for his slow play and whatnot, but he’s trying something he really things will work and it’s hard to argue with his results this last year.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Can the PGA please change the divot rule? Not being able to move your ball 2” outside of a divot, but you can move your ball a club length when a sprinkler might be near your foot is so dumb.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
Also, love that Bryson won. He gets so much hate, some deserved for his slow play and whatnot, but he’s trying something he really things will work and it’s hard to argue with his results this last year.

I love Bryson. Ever since Tigers demise it been hard to watch golf. Love that he’s throwing the book out and doing it his own way. The fact that people are getting butthurt is also hilarious.

Reactions: CychiatricWard

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron