NFL: ***2022 NFL Season Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clones2005

Jan 14, 2017
I think the 9ers will not like LA's front on D but they may still make the needed plays to have a chance late.

They're like a late Snyder KSU team.
9ers have beat LA twice already this year, including 2 weeks ago in LA. Rams may win, but the 9ers definitely won't be intimidated going into it by any means.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Bengals just beat the Chiefs like 3 weeks ago and Ja’Marr Chase alone had more yards and TDs than Mahomes did. Chiefs could not stop him then and we all saw how great the Chiefs secondary is tonight..

I’m just not convinced that the Chiefs will stomp them.

• Agree
Reactions: Rural and Bigman38

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
9ers have beat LA twice already this year, including 2 weeks ago in LA. Rams may win, but the 9ers definitely won't be intimidated going into it by any means.
It's odd. The Rams (to me) appear the much better team, and I really don't think much of SF...but that hasn't resulted in any Ws for the Rams against the 9ers this year.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Bengals just beat the Chiefs like 3 weeks ago and Ja’Marr Chase alone had more yards and TDs than Mahomes did. Chiefs could not stop him then and we all saw how great the Chiefs secondary is tonight..

The Bengals played pretty much flawlessly in the second half against the Chiefs a few weeks ago. I also think tonight would have been a different story if Mathieu hadn't gotten hurt. The Chiefs were beat over the top twice tonight, both in situations where that was really the only thing they couldn't allow to happen.

It should be a helluva game, and I hope Mathieu is back.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
It's odd. The Rams (to me) appear the much better team, and I really don't think much of SF...but that hasn't resulted in any Ws for the Rams against the 9ers this year.
First game 49ers beat up the Rams pretty good. The second game took a bit of a miracle with a long drive with no timeouts to get the game to OT which they eventually won.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

That game was in Cincinnati, next week will be in Arrowhead, and all the pressure will be on the Bengals. No way the Chiefs defense allows Chase to toast them a second time, and if they do, a shout out to the Bengals.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
That game was in Cincinnati, next week will be in Arrowhead, and all the pressure will be on the Bengals. No way the Chiefs defense allows Chase to toast them a second time, and if they do, a shout out to the Bengals.
Honestly I see it the other way around. The Bengals are playing with house money. No one expected them to make it this far. I see all of the pressure being on the Chiefs to not blow a game everyone is already handing them.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

I saw a stat during the game that Stafford had the best QB rating in the league when facing the blitz this season. That being said, in the games against the 49ers, their blitz consistently got to Stafford, forcing him into making costly mistakes at the worst time possible.

If the Rams OL can protect Stafford for 4 quarters, they win. If the 49ers get to Stafford, even if it's only the 4th quarter of a close game, advantage 49ers.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
KC wins another shootout because they have more weapons, and LA cruises. LA wins the SB because Aaron Donald and Von Miller do a “not another teen movie” to Mahomes.
pqio2n.gif

Last edited:

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008

I'll take the over and Bengals +7 in AFC.
I want to take Rams -3 but 49ers have their number and just keep winning. That under might be my favorite play of the weekend though.

I have a fun wager still in play from September. Put $50 on the Super Bowl to be Rams/Chiefs. Hopefully a nice little $1,137 payday for me next Sunday

Reactions: BigJCy and Die4Cy

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Was it just me, or did Aaron Rodgers look like he wanted to be on a beach somewhere during the 49ers game? He looked 100% disinterested.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude