NFL: ***2022 NFL Season Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
They make a good point. That endzone kickoff at the end of regulation by Buffalo might have sealed it by giving Mahomes the extra few seconds he had to have.

Tony Romo was exactly right in his criticism of that call. Terrible decision.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I understand people's gripe with the NFL OT rules, but honestly what system are you going to have that's going to solve that situation? If you had college rules the game may have gone on for hours cause neither D was stopping a damn thing.
What a ridiculous fallacy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The wild card round was really boring and I was hoping it would get better this weekend, but I guess not. Four more snoozers, I should have just went to bed during the Chiefs/Bills game.

This weekend just proved 'why even play the games?'.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Next week will be 2 beatdowns then the Super Bowl will be epic.
I think the AFC game will be. NFC might be close depending on how healthy the 49ers are.

Think the Super Bowl will be pretty good as you said.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
I understand people's gripe with the NFL OT rules, but honestly what system are you going to have that's going to solve that situation? If you had college rules the game may have gone on for hours cause neither D was stopping a damn thing.

I wonder this too.

* Each team should get a possession: then we’re probably tied at 43-all and Mahomes only has to drive for a FG to win it

* If the first team scores a TD, the second team has to go for two if they answer with a TD: I actually kind of like this notion, but if KC gets the 2-point conversion first (to outfox the Bills) see above; Mahomes/drive/FG still applies

* Play a full quarter: what if it’s still tied then? How many quarters do we go? (Although this may be actually the best alternative - make them 10-minute quarters until there’s a winner at the end of one … but the injury factor for dead-tired players might be an issue)

There‘s no perfect OT.

Edit: I did see the idea of requiring 2-point conversions in OT, that’s another thought. Unless you use timed quarters,though, somebody still ends up losing without a chance to respond, though, that’s just how sudden-death works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigman38

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
49ers beat Dallas and GB. Are you saying the Rams will stomp SF? Or SF over Rams?

I think the 9ers will not like LA's front on D but they may still make the needed plays to have a chance late.

They're like a late Snyder KSU team.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
What would be the issue with just treating OT in the playoffs similar to basketball OT, where you just play for 10 more minutes and whoever has the lead at the end of it wins? And if it's still tied after 10 you play another period? I guess the game could potentially get pretty long.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
49ers beat Dallas and GB. Are you saying the Rams will stomp SF? Or SF over Rams?
Wouldn't surprise me if Rams stomp SF. They have alot more talent and Deebo might have a hard time getting healthy after the beating he took last night. Shanahan has their number though so it will probably be a dogfight.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
What would be the issue with just treating OT in the playoffs similar to basketball OT, where you just play for 10 more minutes and whoever has the lead at the end of it wins? And if it's still tied after 10 you play another period? I guess the game could potentially get pretty long.

Maybe after the 1st OT you have to go for two?

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Tony Romo was exactly right in his criticism of that call. Terrible decision.

Again, you can fair catch a kickoff, or fall on a rolling kick and immediately give yourself up. No time runs off the clock, and you’re starting no worse than the 25 anyway.

This does require the receiving team to know that and actually do it, though.