NFL: ***2022 NFL Season Thread***

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
He is, that is why the most likely scenario is Rodgers resigning with GB with a bonus heavy contract, leaving cap room for Adams. Rodgers isn't a free agent yet, and Green Bay ain't going to let him go cheap, plus, Adams wants to be the highest paid receiver in the league, so having both of them together somewhere besides Green Bay would take an act of god.
Might take an act of God to keep them both in Green Bay as well. Packers are projected to be about $27 million over the salary cap already. Getting Rodgers to sign a restructure/extension is a necessity, but even if they do, finding enough room for both him and Adams is going to be a challenge. Other veteran players likely cut to make room, and It probably would impact their ability to go after many free agents. That doesn't mean they wouldn't do it, but it's hard to think that Green Bay is going to be better next year than they were this season. Of course with AR and Adams, they'd certainly be very good, but there are a lot of people wondering if Green Bay can ever actually get over the hump with AR at the helm. You have to wonder if anyone in their management is ready to move on.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Might take an act of God to keep them both in Green Bay as well. Packers are projected to be about $27 million over the salary cap already. Getting Rodgers to sign a restructure/extension is a necessity, but even if they do, finding enough room for both him and Adams is going to be a challenge. Other veteran players likely cut to make room, and It probably would impact their ability to go after many free agents. That doesn't mean they wouldn't do it, but it's hard to think that Green Bay is going to be better next year than they were this season. Of course with AR and Adams, they'd certainly be very good, but there are a lot of people wondering if Green Bay can ever actually get over the hump with AR at the helm. You have to wonder if anyone in their management is ready to move on.

You mean like winning a Super Bowl? Rodgers is the only reason they've been relevant most of the years they've come up short. He's been as close to a one man show as you can get in the NFL. There are only a couple of other guys currently who could do what he does. They may not have a choice but they will be on the short end of any scenario where he leaves GB.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
You mean like winning a Super Bowl? Rodgers is the only reason they've been relevant most of the years they've come up short. He's been as close to a one man show as you can get in the NFL. There are only a couple of other guys currently who could do what he does. They may not have a choice but they will be on the short end of any scenario where he leaves GB.
That's exactly what I mean. The question is out there if Green Bay can win a Superbowl as they are currently constructed. Certainly, I'm not saying that they'd be better without AR next year. But I wonder if some in management are interested in the next chapter. Certainly the drafting of Jordan Love would indicate that it's on their minds.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Rams and Buffalo for me. I'd like to see Buffalo win it all now that the Packers are out. Either them or Cincy, but that seems unlikely.

Cincy isn’t all that unlikely, sure they’ll be the bottom of the odds list but the QB-WR combo is the best going.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I thought I had read they were closer to 50 over next year.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Also, I can’t lie, tonight may have been the biggest stage but it certainly wasn’t the first time Wirtel had a bad outing..
what'd he do wrong?
He got blown up by the guy who blocked the punt.
Ouch! I'll be watching 'Long Snapper' play in the future. I had never heard of Wirtel (don't remember anyway) until today. In a bad way. Yes he (#46) got blown up. Seems like he is very undersized for the position. Aren't good long snappers atleast a little bigger?

Steven Wirtel
Career information
Personal information
No. 46 – Green Bay Packers
Position:Long snapper
Born:October 3, 1997 (age 24)
Orland Park, Illinois
Height:6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)
Weight:228 lb (103 kg)
High school:Mount Carmel High School (Chicago, Illinois)
College:Iowa State
Undrafted:2020
Steven Wirtel - Wikipedia

Brady retire? I don’t believe it.
I'll believe it when I see it. LOL

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Rams are good but something feels off about the Bucs thus far today. Don't seem very focused in.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I bet money line on all the underdogs this weekend.
jerry-seinfeld-laughing.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron