***2022-23 College Football Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I wonder if there were terms added to these NIL contracts. Seems like with that much money, I'd want a guarantee tied to it. Or at least have it spread out through the 4 years.
I think the guy giving every scholarship player at Miami stipulated you have to be on the roster at the end of the season.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think the guy giving every scholarship player at Miami stipulated you have to be on the roster at the end of the season.

Can this eventually turn into 'must play if fully healthy?' type of a deal?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Or passionate, but intelligent. It’s idiotic to throw your money away on this nonsense…. do something good for society with it.

Your nonsense may be someone else's fun though. Some people get joy from helping their favorite sports teams succeed. Heck some of of these athletes come from not so good situations so giving them NIL money could be doing something good for society.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Or passionate, but intelligent. It’s idiotic to throw your money away on this nonsense…. do something good for society with it.

Meh. Some people have too much money to throw around. As long as there's not some loophole that allows this to be tax deductable, I can't really see the issue in it. It sucks in that it'll ruin the sport, but at least it's going to people that probably deserve it and need it more than the person giving it away.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Meh. Some people have too much money to throw around. As long as there's not some loophole that allows this to be tax deductable, I can't really see the issue in it. It sucks in that it'll ruin the sport, but at least it's going to people that probably deserve it and need it more than the person giving it away.

If I have a business it's a tax deduction, paying someone to use their NIL is advertsing (whether you use it or not).

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
We are adults spending a huge amount of our lives on a message board dedicated to talking about kids playing a game. But yeah, donating money to kids that help your team win is the real waste.

Your nonsense may be someone else's fun though. Some people get joy from helping their favorite sports teams succeed. Heck some of of these athletes come from not so good situations so giving them NIL money could be doing something good for society.
Better than donating it to another lockerroom renovation or coach buyout. I am guessing most donated before.

NIL also makes small and medium donations matter. These crowdsourcing of donors do not do **** in the arms race, bud could snag a player or two. Unfortunately I doubt we have the appetite for that either.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Thanks to the NFL, and ESPN.

Sugar Bowl was supposed to be on a Monday night, but that would have put it in direct conflict with MNF since the NFL added that extra week.

So the new schedule is:
Friday night - Orange
Saturday morning - Sugar
Saturday afternoon/evening - Fiesta/Peach (semis)
Sunday - NFL
Monday morning - Cotton
Monday afternoon - Rose
Monday night - NFL

• Informative
Reactions: BigJCy

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Think I like this idea which probably means the NCAA won't allow it:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us