***2022-23 College Football Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well Nebby has till Sept 18th to work the kink out before OU. They have Buffalo scheduled I think that was supposed to be a buy game, but according to Buffalo's record last yr, Nebby could lose that one also. Starting the season 0-3 could be a challenge for Frost

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Well Nebby has till Sept 18th to work the kink out before OU. They have Buffalo scheduled I think that was supposed to be a buy game, but according to Buffalo's record last yr, Nebby could lose that one also. Starting the season 0-3 could be a challenge for Frost

They have Fordham, Buffalo and then OU.

They better beat Fordham or they are looking Ofer in the face. Every other team they play is as good as or better than Illinois. MSU would be next best chance for a win.

Lewey24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2020
Dubuque, IA
There’s also some interesting rumors about Frost being talked about on the Nebraska board. Someone said Frost shows up late to practice and doesn’t show up some days, and a few people said they’ve heard the same thing.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Post in thread 'Matt Campbell, Condiment State, and here’s why…' https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/threads/matt-campbell-condiment-state-and-here’s-why….301275/post-6976219

Have any of you ever heard this rumor before? Got this off the Nebraska board, quite entertaining.

Love "not good enough" comments because he's 1-6 out of conference including 0-4 against Iowa. Of course it doesn't take into consideration Campbell basically had to defibrillate the program back into relevancy.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Love "not good enough" comments because he's 1-6 out of conference including 0-4 against Iowa. Of course it doesn't take into consideration Campbell basically had to defibrillate the program back into relevancy.

Curious how many of those 7 games were against ranked opponents.

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
They have Fordham, Buffalo and then OU.

They better beat Fordham or they are looking Ofer in the face. Every other team they play is as good as or better than Illinois. MSU would be next best chance for a win.

They’ll beat Fordham. If they lose to Buffalo Frost might be done that next Monday but I could see him getting a shot to save his job against OU. If they lose to Buffalo and then get drilled by the Sooners then Frost is definitely gone.

I’m actually surprised Frost has been so terrible there. I thought he was the perfect hire for them but his rumored personal struggles seem to have contributed to his downfall.

They need to get over themselves and realize their glory days are gone. Their best hope going forward is to be the kind of program Wisconsin is.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
There’s also some interesting rumors about Frost being talked about on the Nebraska board. Someone said Frost shows up late to practice and doesn’t show up some days, and a few people said they’ve heard the same thing.

This is common with people going through marital issues and divorces. I've known several people that have lost jobs as a result. Of course, being in a high profile position magnifies this.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If Nebraska is going to ever get back to being decent they'll need to do something unique and recruit for it.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Nebraska is not an endless money factory. I don’t think they can get rid of Frosty without using the improprieties to fire him with cause. Even then they might not have enough money to get a CMC level guy in there that can command 4-5 million a year.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
trolled for what? (I'm not clicking on any links) I can certainly understand trolling Nebraska but I'm not sure what you could troll the conference for. The conference has had two teams play a game so far (against eachother) and neither of those teams are or were expected to do much this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.