***2021-22 NCAA Mens Basketball Thread***

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Give Iowa a lot of credit for being a lot of "try hard" guys.

There is something to be said for Fran filling his roster with a bunch of rejects, dorks, and passed over guys. They play like they're out for revenge one flop at a time.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Iowa fan response, "this game means nothing, more important games in Ames this week . . . . " So a non-con road game is more important than a home conference game against an evenly matched B1G team . . . SMH

View attachment 92871

Something about Carver is just not as good, exciting and fun as Hilton.

I grew up an Iowa fan and it was kind of hard to convert in football right away, but after my first game at Hilton as a freshman I was like "Oh I get it, this is awesome". We weren't even very good that year. Fizer's freshman year.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I laugh at all the ‘oh man so and so is gonna go off against us you just know it’. It’s a comment that just drives me nuts. We play defense like we have been and we win and doubt anyone goes ‘off’. So JorBo will go off? Cool well we have several players that played like **** at creighton so why aren’t we saying that about our OWN team about going off?

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Something about Carver is just not as good, exciting and fun as Hilton.

I grew up an Iowa fan and it was kind of hard to convert in football right away, but after my first game at Hilton as a freshman I was like "Oh I get it, this is awesome". We weren't even very good that year. Fizer's freshman year.

Agreed. Carver is dark, quiet, and dingy and feels like you are in an underground basement. The knitting ladies that always used to be parked in the front few rows never helped the atmosphere either.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Good to know, I have a similar pizza disposition, if Im in IC, I'll have to check it out.
Actually, if you are in IC, try Pagliai's Pizza! There is a Pagliai's in my hometown of Grinnell (a location in Johnston as well). It's probably my favorite pizza in Iowa - and their food inspection scores are off the charts (at least at the Grinnell location). A friend of mine talked to one of the inspectors and the guy told him that you could literally eat off the kitchen floor (they are obsessive about cleanliness).

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Looks like two streaks need to continue on Thursday.
giphy.gif

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I laugh at all the ‘oh man so and so is gonna go off against us you just know it’. It’s a comment that just drives me nuts. We play defense like we have been and we win and doubt anyone goes ‘off’. So JorBo will go off? Cool well we have several players that played like **** at creighton so why aren’t we saying that about our OWN team about going off?

They do circle it as their biggest game of the year. Fran hasn’t won much of anything in his decade there so after a rough start head to head vs ISU at least they have these last few vs ISU as opposed to any big ten hardware or ncaa success.

Stuff like a player’s entire season consisting of coming off the bench to hurt players and start fights then he red shirts.

Honestly it’s like ISU football under Mac in terms of how “up” they are for this vs their own conference games and post season tournaments.

• Agree
Reactions: jctisu