2021-2022 NCAA Football coaching carousel

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
U Conn obviously needs to hit a home run in their HC hire. It's almost to the point where they would be better off to drop down to FCS if they continue to stink it up. There are a decent number of solid FCS programs in upper NE.

If they had a decent football program they could be an attractive add for ACC or Big12. The group of UConn, WVU, Cincinnati and UCF would be a solid east coast presence for the Big12.

Plus adding UConn MBB & WBB are solid adds for any conference.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
U Conn obviously needs to hit a home run in their HC hire. It's almost to the point where they would be better off to drop down to FCS if they continue to stink it up. There are a decent number of solid FCS programs in upper NE.

If they had a decent football program they could be an attractive add for ACC or Big12. The group of UConn, WVU, Cincinnati and UCF would be a solid east coast presence for the Big12.

Plus adding UConn MBB & WBB are solid adds for any conference.

They just joined the Big East which is exactly where they want to be.

They spent too much on football facilities to go FCS because you can't piss off the donors that built everything plus those facilities are the reason that no FCS conference is going to touch them. They're absolutely screwed from a football perspective and the only route they have is to stay independent and collect checks to get crushed, play UMass twice a year and see if you can get G5s to play in Storrs occasionally. It's an absolute cluster.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
What a sh** show USC has been the last few years with Helton. They’ve completed screwed their recruiting for the 2020 class and they will struggle with the 2023 class as well.
SOOOOO much talent in California. Urban wouldn't have had to recruit too much outside the border. He easily could have rebuilt it to Florida/tOSU levels.

• Agree
Reactions: Nate STANley

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
I agree but the last 3 times they wanted to fire him, he won just enough games to keep his job. They weren't risking it this time.

I think anyone familiar with college football programs could tell that USC wasn’t going to improve. Absolutely zero identity or philosophy

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
SOOOOO much talent in California. Urban wouldn't have had to recruit too much outside the border. He easily could have rebuilt it to Florida/tOSU levels.

I could see Urban jumping on this after a quick taste of the NFL.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Maybe Fickell would be the wild card if the AD that hired him at Cincy is the one at SC now.
If Franklin leaves, Fickell and Campbell would both be interviewed.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron