2021-2022 Freshman

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Saw an interesting note in Dresser’s newsletter that several incoming freshman will greyshirt this year. Notably Johnson, Schon, Greenlee.

I hadn’t heard that before and can’t remember ISU using that tactic in recent years. Could be a smart move.

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
The free covid year made needs much different than when that class signed. Be great if we get them in state tuition.
Is that how that works if they live in Iowa for a year and just train? Smart tactical move if so. Going to have some of these kids around for a long time.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Is that how that works if they live in Iowa for a year and just train? Smart tactical move if so. Going to have some of these kids around for a long time.
I always heard that you could not be taking classes for the year you were living in the state in order to establish residency. I am trying to figure out how to broach the idea of my daughter living with my brother for a year to establish residency. I'm not sure that will be an idea he will embrace.
:mccaffery:

• Haha

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I am not sure on the details or even if they are able to do that. It might have something to do with earning money also.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
I always heard that you could not be taking classes for the year you were living in the state in order to establish residency. I am trying to figure out how to broach the idea of my daughter living with my brother for a year to establish residency. I'm not sure that will be an idea he will embrace.
:mccaffery:
We briefly looked into it when my daughter was considering going back for college, but it's pretty difficult. There's some pretty generic language stating the move 'cannot be used as a mechanism to gain advantage for resident tuition" so some such nonsense. Basically, if they want to deny you, they can.

83cy

May 14, 2006
I have some in-laws that live in Illinois but use an Iowa address to get in-state tuition at EIU after their freshman year. Not legal maybe, but I believe it's done rather often. The Iowa address is that of another sibling that actually lives in Iowa so mail gets forwarded. BTW I'm excited with this freshman class.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron