BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The indexes just went straight vertical after the jobs report.

I'm wondering if you will see a large jobs increase in August and follow through with september. I know more people than I should who have been riding unemployment, although they either were students that will be going back in august, or are people who are making more on unemployment than what they were working and won't answer their phone from their employers number.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Isn't there always a margin of error? Even if it's off by a million it still surpassed expectations of 3.2 million. I fully expect this to be revised down, but still very positive news.

Usually they aren't spot on. I have no idea what direction it will go. There were a lot of hair dressers, barbers, restaurant people who went back to work in June, so I don't know if there will be downward revision.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Anyone else have a position in LVGO? It's gone up pretty steadily since the crash but has popped big-time this week.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Anyone else have a position in LVGO? It's gone up pretty steadily since the crash but has popped big-time this week.

Never heard of it... Looks like its been a great stock this year. Nothing like going from $20 to $100. Especially when the company doesn't make any money. Seems about par for the course this year. Tiny company but revenues are growing quite a bit and insiders own a decent chunk.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
RCL buying stuff makes me chuckle. They finished out the remaining stakes in SilverSea Cruises. If you’re willing to sit for awhile on RCL I think it’s worth the investment. Could be a year wait though.

Reactions: ianoconnor

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
RCL buying stuff makes me chuckle. They finished out the remaining stakes in SilverSea Cruises. If you’re willing to sit for awhile on RCL I think it’s worth the investment. Could be a year wait though.
I got in on NCLH at ~$11... probably should have ditched it when it jumped to like $25, but I think it'll hit $30+ within a year or so.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I'm just going to leave this here even though it doesn't directly relate. I really do like his writing and view points and I think he is right on target.

cartoon-value.jpg

http://charleshughsmith.blogspot.co...d&utm_campaign=Feed:+google/RzFQ+(oftwominds)

This escape from karma, consequence and divine retribution was as temporal as the ride through FantasyLand. The wheel of karma has turned, The Tao is reversing, the banquet of asymmetric, non-linear consequences has been served and the Fed's godlike powers will be revealed to be as delusional as the "value" and "wealth" that's piled up in the balance sheets of the top 0.1%.

The fantasy of linearity holds that a 10% decline in revenues, profits, rents collected, etc. will only cause a 10% decline in isolated parts of the economy. The believers in the fantasy acknowledge that the 10% decline will hurt, but only a bit, and soon Mommy and Daddy (Treasury and Fed) will apply the Band-Aid and it will all go away.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Tesla goes from up $247 today to closing down $47. Sums up the day pretty neatly. Big reversal on that stock and the Nasdaq.