LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Bought in on a few things a few days ago. Going to ride this and see where it goes. I think when some Q1 numbers start coming out things are going to drop again.

I agree, but I think the drop to 18k or so was premature. The market is settling in now where we'll be down, but not as panicked. It might go down again, but I don't see it staying there. There should be good buying opportunities again.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I'm looking at my retirement savings, which was probably around 70% stocks (Mostly S&P 500). After yesterday, I'm about 10% down, which really isn't that bad, especially considering I was up 25% last year. I'm wondering if now is the time to back down a little bit...

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I will say, that I am hoping for this climb to continue to get out of a position so I can find the bargains again. Another drop is probably coming, but I just don't see it long term under 20k. The market was severely overvalued, but the quick drop was just fear.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I've been trying to get too smart. Probably peed about 500-1000 today with my dumb moves. Long term I should be fine, but I definitely chased a couple that I should not have.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I officially do not understand this market at all, we are just entering a big recession, and stock are going up?

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013
I officially do not understand this market at all, we are just entering a big recession, and stock are going up?

We did just have a massive stimulus packaged approved by the senate. I think once it passes the house things will start to dump again. Cov should only get worse and the economy numbers will be god awful.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We did just have a massive stimulus packaged approved by the senate. I think once it passes the house things will start to dump again. Cov should only get worse and the economy numbers will be god awful.

How much of the bad numbers are already factored in? Is there anybody out there that doesn't thin we are looking at a huge nosedive for this and next quarter. The Stimulus is factored in unless that house changes something. Right now it comes down to how long people think this will go on.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I think one other thing you are seeing right now is a ton of day trading. The volumes for may stocks are very heavy. Mini rollercoasters. When the higher amount of the day traders exit, the market may make a little more sense also.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I think one other thing you are seeing right now is a ton of day trading. The volumes for may stocks are very heavy. Mini rollercoasters. When the higher amount of the day traders exit, the market may make a little more sense also.

Yeah, I saw someone say the market has been
great for traders and difficult for investors. Makes sense.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Sooo I threw some money in a few days and am up 12% in that time. Do I take the gains tomorrow and sell out and wait for another correction?