• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
My 20,000 shares of MFA did not like the last 20 minutes of the day.

Really? Leveraged mortgage loans going into a recession? Seriously you people do remember 2008/09 right? Good luck with that as I'm afraid you might need it.

Why are people so drawn to gambling...

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Tomorrow’s first hour will let us know the real deal. Pending the govt doesn’t screw around with stuff. See if we are just getting a breather or if we have carved the bottom out. Todays close was not a great sign. There was some profit taking, but it felt like it could have been more than that possibly.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Dude, you bought at the right time. I had to have yesterday to basically break me even.
Yes right now will be a good way to make some moves and make up for the long term losses going on. Luckily Im only 38, sold today on all the ones I just mentioned before the job report comes out. All my long term investments are obviously through a professional but I am thankful for day trading!

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Disney had no problem bouncing back after 2008 and probably won’t have a problem this year
Disney will be just fine. I cant wait to buy tomorrow with ENPH, Trade Desk, and then wait for the airlines and Boeing to drop again and buy up more after selling today. Gotta keep at it, now is the time to make some major cash!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yes right now will be a good way to make some moves and make up for the long term losses going on. Luckily Im only 38, sold today on all the ones I just mentioned before the job report comes out. All my long term investments are obviously through a professional but I am thankful for day trading!

So you were one of those bastards selling in the last 30 minutes and making my account drop faster than I cared to see.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Crossing my fingers. Definitely in if it goes back
oh yeah, I'll bet it gets back down near 100 and then that'll be the last time it happens before it eventually gets back to 300 in the next 3 years. I'll buy this next round for long term is the goal.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
So you were one of those bastards selling in the last 30 minutes and making my account drop faster than I cared to see.
LOL If thats the outlook then yes I was one of them. I had a buddy make in the last 30 days over 150k on Tesla puts. Options are so awesome right now with the market. Do you not day trade?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
LOL If thats the outlook then yes I was one of them. I had a buddy make in the last 30 days over 150k on Tesla puts. Options are so awesome right now with the market. Do you not day trade?

No. I had a chunk of free cash hit me about a week ago and with the market down so hard I started to cost average things in. This is a 4-6 month play so I’m just hoping to pop a 20-30% return. Did day trading in commodities for a few years about 10 years ago. That will try your patience. I knew way more about sugar, silver, crude and even soybean oil and meal spreads than I ever thought I would. Had a friend who got me selling calls on feeder cattle that was short term plays but you could pick up a grand a month with low exposure. That can burn you out and my main job couldn’t take the lost time it ate up.

Reactions: chadly82

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
No. I had a chunk of free cash hit me about a week ago and with the market down so hard I started to cost average things in. This is a 4-6 month play so I’m just hoping to pop a 20-30% return. Did day trading in commodities for a few years about 10 years ago. That will try your patience. I knew way more about sugar, silver, crude and even soybean oil and meal spreads than I ever thought I would. Had a friend who got me selling calls on feeder cattle that was short term plays but you could pick up a grand a month with low exposure. That can burn you out and my main job couldn’t take the lost time it ate up.
Good with the bad for sure, not only is it stressful but you spend a lot of time researching. Ive been pretty good at it but still leave the long term investments to a financial planner.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Good with the bad for sure, not only is it stressful but you spend a lot of time researching. Ive been pretty good at it but still leave the long term investments to a financial planner.

I won’t deny that I have considered leaving a chunk of the profit in the account and dabbling a little for fun.

My wife’s family are the kings of whole life insurance wife has a ****load of 5-10k whole lifers that her parents got her and she drops a hundred here and there. I finally got her convinced to start cashing some in for term and using the cash to buy solid dividend stocks that will pay the difference of the larger term policy and what she currently has and not having to pay anything in and having some hopeful capital gains and residual value. So I have to try to keep those separate also. So there are about 2-3 stocks I have to avoid.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

Does he buy puts or sell puts? I don't like options because I like being able to get in and out in smaller swings.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Does he buy puts or sell puts? I don't like options because I like being able to get in and out in smaller swings.
I believe he sells puts, I also prefer the smaller swings especially if youre happy with what you see in a matter of a few hours even.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
This might turn out like 2008. A lot of volatility around the time of TARP/stimulus, then slowly bottoming out while the economic numbers come in before finally rebounding

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010

Options are fantastic. This is what the pros use these days. You can do all sorts of complex but still simple concepts. Even just a call or put can limit your risk while providing good leverage. Options are expensive now because volatility is high. So some conservative plays ti take advantage are selling covered call or cash secured puts. Do NOT sell naked puts unless a real pro.