• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Market was down 40%:
A) 10% overdue correction
B) 10% oil-price war shock
C) 20% pandemic panic

I would expect that some of B and most of C will come back by year end. Bold prediction by a guy who is usually wrong.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Still going strong, I don't understand this at all. Tomorrows jobs report is going to be brutal.

It seems to be in the mode with hair triggered reactions to the news of the day. It rose on the stimulus passing, but will probably drop once the jobs and economic numbers start coming in

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Still going strong, I don't understand this at all. Tomorrows jobs report is going to be brutal.

It's the old buy the rumor and sell the fact. When everyone is saying that there is no place to go but down, we are near the bottom. When you go down fast, it snaps back also. Right now they are trading a 2 trillion dollar stimulus package although we won't see anything until may it sounds. The commodities have a lot more emotion in them, this is reacting like they do in this type of situation.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Bought American Airlines at 10/share, Boeing at 99/share, Delta at 22/share and Disney at 85/share. This is crazy what is going on considering we could be approaching 30% unemployment.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Bought American Airlines at 10/share, Boeing at 99/share, Delta at 22/share and Disney at 85/share. This is crazy what is going on considering we could be approaching 30% unemployment.

Dude, you bought at the right time. I had to have yesterday to basically break me even.

Reactions: chadly82

NateTheBoss

Nov 21, 2013
We may never see 20,000 again. Nobody knows. Don’t try and time the market. If the best investors in the world can’t predict the bottom you probably can’t either.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
That seems like an incredibly bleak outlook on things.

Really? The Olympics have been cancelled for this year. We are 3 or 4 or 5 weeks from the peak. Thinking this will rebound quickly is a bit of a pipe dream. People will rethink about hanging around in big crowds with a Pandemic. You are buying the history of the contacts of the person you do not know sitting next to you. That includes college kids thinking it is a great idea to hang at crowded beaches in Florida during a Pandemic. Not quite as optimistic as you. We will find a bottom eventually. But habits will have changed. Just my opinion.

• Disagree
Reactions: NateTheBoss

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
RCL bouncing around too. I thought they’d be pegged down low for awhile. Interesting swings

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Bought in on a few things a few days ago. Going to ride this and see where it goes. I think when some Q1 numbers start coming out things are going to drop again.

• Agree
Reactions: ianoconnor

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
RCL bouncing around too. I thought they’d be pegged down low for awhile. Interesting swings
I bought a few shares last week when they were at $30, I'm really kicking myself for not buying more Monday morning when they were under $20.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Really? The Olympics have been cancelled for this year. We are 3 or 4 or 5 weeks from the peak. Thinking this will rebound quickly is a bit of a pipe dream. People will rethink about hanging around in big crowds with a Pandemic. You are buying the history of the contacts of the person you do not know sitting next to you. That includes college kids thinking it is a great idea to hang at crowded beaches in Florida during a Pandemic. Not quite as optimistic as you. We will find a bottom eventually. But habits will have changed. Just my opinion.

Ever and not quickly are a significant ways apart there Mr. Alarmist.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I bought a few shares last week when they were at $30, I'm really kicking myself for not buying more Monday morning when they were under $20.
I know it. Me too. Was too chicken. Sat there with my finger on the button for BA at 99 too.

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That was a nasty 30 minutes of profit taking. Half my account held fairly stable, the other half took a beating at the end. Rearranged 1/3 of one of my dogs and had an order to sell off a fourth of my now biggest dog, got within a few cents and did a 5%nosedive in the last half hour. Hope that one bounces back tomorrow.