2020 Stocks

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
What's the deal with people bringing up Robinhood? I know it's younger, less experienced people, but they have 50b under management. The US market is worth 35t, not including trillionsbtrillions more in bonds. That's not even 2/10 of 1%. To suggest Robinhood traders have any bearing on the market seems like an interesting take.
That should be the right answer but it's not. Robinhood has had a marked effect. I had an article before that really laid it out. There are a couple reasons they have had an outsized effect. 1.) All of their trades are front run by firms like the Citadel (hedge funds). 2.) They have allowed large/outsized margins and specifically using options. Options have a much larger effect because they are leveraged 3.) There is almost NO liquidity in these markets

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
It will be an all time high tomorrow. Not cheaper, but the most expensive it's ever been.
Yeah it’s one I always hold, add when I can. Really hope post split opens another door for me.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Apple still holding a 5.5% gain at $406 but the markets are struggling to hold gains. Surprising. Really think this has been driven by the $1200 checks and even more so the $600 / week to people for unemployment. Seeing this not being extended for now is driving the market IMO.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Many analysts have been doubting Apple for a long time. It’s a solid stock that has steady strong success if you are willing to be patient. They had a great quarter and haven’t even hit their major releases yet which leads me to believe another strong quarter/holiday season is coming. The SE2 was a better seller than I thought it would be but I guess the price was just what some folks needed for their stimulus checks.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I keep accumulating the XLE energy ETF. Hoping for a slingshot move when the economy picks up. Taking the large distributions until this happens

.....but what I was hoping would be a mid-term yield play is looking like a long term slog

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Dang, I still don't understand this, but I looked at my 1 year return and it is 17.5%. Nuts.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
$LVGO continues to kill it for me. Earnings on Thursday should be interesting.
I don't know how this happened but can we spell BUBBLE. If anyone said the GDP will plummet the most ever and somehow we'll get an even bigger version of the 90's tech bubble, I might have made a John McAfee crazy bet on that one.

At least that one has some revenue growth (all the market cares about anymore) and actual products.

Last edited:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Anyone else having the bad idea to cash out and sit and wait?
Not really. I’ve held most of positions for YEARS. I believe in some of the tech companies right now that are lifting the market. Our consumption of their services won’t likely pull back anytime soon.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Not really. I’ve held most of positions for YEARS. I believe in some of the tech companies right now that are lifting the market. Our consumption of their services won’t likely pull back anytime soon.
Tech companies that allow us to continue with some since of normalcy while social distancing are killing it.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Tech companies that allow us to continue with some since of normalcy while social distancing are killing it.
I just think this whole deal has forced us more into the future of tech. It’s caused a lot of this country to lessen their dependency on antiquated and “analog” ways of doing things. When we’ve moved on from covid, I just don’t believe that we will cease the revenue streams for the Apples, Amazon’s, Microsoft’s and Facebooks of the world. Financials will come back strong but we will probably see them partner more and more with the above mentioned. Healthcare as well.

Last edited:

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Anyone else having the bad idea to cash out and sit and wait?
Going to steal a Cramer saying, theres always a bull market somewhere. The problem is this could really get crazy. Because the real bubble/asset to sell are bonds. and that money has to go somewhere

BCClone

SuperFanatic
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
When this Covid thing gets to the point where we have a vaccine, or its gotten a control measure to it, commodities should explode. Maybe it's time for me to go back and analyze sugar. Had a buddy who was friends with a guy who worked with sugar nearly extensively. Called that last major run in it. My buddy is gone, so I have no idea who this guy is. Maybe his kid does?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron