2020 Stocks

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013
I sold everything today. I'll pick it up after it crashes next week.
Same here for non retirement investing. Sold everything except for company stock I can’t sell and Microsoft. Plan on putting a decent chunk of money in assuming we get a good dip next week.

Last edited:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I don't understand this market at all, we are heading into a depression with double digit unemployment, and people are buying? This is not ending in the next few weeks.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I don't understand this market at all, we are heading into a depression with double digit unemployment, and people are buying? This is not ending in the next few weeks.

I understand this sentiment for people who can’t afford risk, but others who are able to, see a huge opportunity. It really comes down to that. I’m hoping everyone in here who are buying up left and right have the cushion to supply themselves or families should they lose their jobs. This isn’t a game, it requires intelligent risk.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I understand this sentiment for people who can’t afford risk, but others who are able to, see a huge opportunity. It really comes down to that. I’m hoping everyone in here who are buying up left and right have the cushion to supply themselves or families should they lose their jobs. This isn’t a game, it requires intelligent risk.
I think if you can afford some short term (6-8 months) of an ass kicking any travel stocks are probably a really good buy right now. It's just a matter of timing out the bottom and riding this thing out.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
If you're trading based on the current/near-term situation, you're way behind.

jammin

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
I understand the spirit of what your saying.

I think the market is hoping/looking at all the hopeful “game changing” instant test and antibodies test coming out and betting they’ll greatly help/give investors/traders a path forward by mid May.

I think that’s where today’s current optimism is coming from. I’m just speculating though.

BCClone

SuperFanatic
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
I understand the spirit of what your saying.

I think the market is hoping/looking at all the hopeful “game changing” instant test and antibodies test coming out and betting they’ll greatly help/give investors/traders a path forward by mid May.

I think that’s where today’s current optimism is coming from. I’m just speculating though.

I think most of it is from, seeing what countries in front of us have went through. With the exception of Italy, the rest have started to improve and the idea is that in 2-4 that we should be back and starting to roll. Places like NY say they should peak in about 2 weeks which means in another month that they should be on the downhill slide.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
This is not over, a whole lot more going on than just the virus... Think we turn down hard one more time.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
And it’s been real boring for a long time. There hasn’t been such an obvious money making opportunity in the markets in forever.

SCNCY

Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Does anyone thing now may be the time to put some limit buy orders? I'm afraid I missed buying opportunity when the Dow was below 20k, so I want to protect myself when stocks start to go up.

BCClone

SuperFanatic
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
Does anyone thing now may be the time to put some limit buy orders? I'm afraid I missed buying opportunity when the Dow was below 20k, so I want to protect myself when stocks start to go up.
I have been averaging in. I think it would work. Depends on the stocks also.

SCNCY

Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I have been averaging in. I think it would work. Depends on the stocks also.
This would be for an IRA, so I'm willing to be more patient.

The stocks I'm looking at are oracle and Texas instruments. Reason being is I need to add more tech stocks to my portfolio that are dividend paying and increasing the dividend.

Although I'm open to some suggestions.

BCClone

SuperFanatic
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa

The stocks I'm looking at are oracle and Texas instruments. Reason being is I need to add more tech stocks to my portfolio that are dividend paying and increasing the dividend.

I think you will be fine then. Just realize dividends won’t be pretty this year for any company.

cyclone4L

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2013

Diversification for the sake of diversifying is a bad idea.

I diversify by only putting my money in assets I believe to grow in value.

You should, too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron