2020 Stocks

• Fanatics -

Thank you for your patience today and welcome to the newest version of Cyclone Fanatic!

Most of the changes we have made are very simple, but will greatly improve your user experience while visiting the website.

We have upgraded our forum software to speed things up. Our homepage is much cleaner and should be even more mobile friendly than before.

We appreciate your loyalty and are committed to not only keeping Cyclone Fanatic in tip-top shape, but continuing to build this community for the next decade and beyond.

We ask that if you are experiences any glitches to let us know in this thread . Will will be diligently working on the site all day.

Thanks again.

Chris Williams - Publisher

BCClone

SuperFanatic
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
Using airline credits doesn't equal additional cash flow for the airlines. They already have the cash.

Not cash flow but they have to post it as a credit until it's used so it does not count as profit. So you will see a drain on cash but a profit for the airline.

The question will also be, what will they be charging? Airline travel had dropped down fairly cheap as of late. Last time this happened, they had to up their rates to clean things back up, so I guess that my credits will be worth 20-25 cents on the dollar when it comes time to use them.

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
Not cash flow but they have to post it as a credit until it's used so it does not count as profit. So you will see a drain on cash but a profit for the airline.

The question will also be, what will they be charging? Airline travel had dropped down fairly cheap as of late. Last time this happened, they had to up their rates to clean things back up, so I guess that my credits will be worth 20-25 cents on the dollar when it comes time to use them.
Good point. Another thing that hurts the airlines, if they get a bailout that limits stock buybacks, they're going to have to increase share value on their own merits. It will be a long, slow build back up in share price.

• Agree
Reactions: fsanford and Go2Guy

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
This makes me remember back to the last stock market hit. A broker friend of mine had people who had never been through a bad down turn before pull out their funds when they had lost close to half of their value. Their concern was that it would become zero. So when things seemed like they should bottom out, there was still some panic selling that drove it down some more.
This is not even close to the bottom.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
NVDA fighting valiantly to defend the 200-day moving avg at ~$200. After Fri and Today, it's holding on.
NVDA is powering all of the AI work we are doing, they will be just fine when this is all over.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
As long as they don't go t's up, I'll to wait for the return. I'm willing a to put a little "fun" money in there to see what happens.
I don't see them going bankrupt, one of the smaller outfits maybe but not RCL. Norwegian or Holland American might end up being taken over if their stock drops much further.

• Agree
Reactions: bos

farminclone

Nov 16, 2009
This is not even close to the bottom.
Have a prediction? I originally thought 22k, then lowered it to 18k, now thinking 16k and that might be optimistic. Some of these unemployment and GDP numbers are down-right scary.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Have a prediction? I originally thought 22k, then lowered it to 18k, now thinking 16k and that might be optimistic. Some of these unemployment and GDP numbers are down-right scary.
I had long said I would be back in at 18K, I still feel we get to 15K. But I did buy some today to average down. Still am 75% cash in my IRA.

CloneGuy8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2017
I've never bought individual stocks before. All of my investing is in roth retirements accounts. This seems like a good opportunity to buy. Hilton (Park Hotels & Resorts) is currently at $6.74. Taking a look over their price over the past 5 years, it seems like a good one to buy. I'm thinking of buying some. Good idea?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I've never bought individual stocks before. All of my investing is in roth retirements accounts. This seems like a good opportunity to buy. Hilton (Park Hotels & Resorts) is currently at $6.74. Taking a look over their price over the past 5 years, it seems like a good one to buy. I'm thinking of buying some. Good idea?
I would buy in hopes they get a bailout. If not watch it closely and don’t be afraid to cut your losses quickly.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I said 16k 3 days ago, but with Trump's financial advisers telling him to relax restrictions on shutting down gatherings, look out below. Hong Kong relaxed restrictions and Covid 19 is coming back.

• Optimistic
Reactions: sadam

BCClone

SuperFanatic
Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
They’re essential to our transportation network, and will always be kept afloat in some capacity.

Agreed. Not everyone flies corporate jets for work and I can't see those people taking buses or trains to get to meetings. Without planes, the economy would take a huge hit. Deliveries would also double in length, if not more.

Help Support Us

Become a patron