BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I look for it to bounce up and down for the next week or two, and then stabilize and start to climb (slowly). The market was way overvalued, IMO, and now we're back to about where I thought it should be.

I had retracement being in that 18600 area as an extreme bottom. I think a 23-24k is more of a natural area. I think 20k is considerably undervalued.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Well that’s stupid. Reporting it just lets the mods know and they can, you know, moderate unlike you who isn’t a mod.

It does help us, pops those things up to the top so we can see them.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
At this point, get in while you can. Buying opportunities like this don’t come around too often.
Might be a little more downside to come but you’ll make good money getting in where we are.

GDP is going to be down 10% this quarter, we are in a recession, the bottom is not coming for a while.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I've been taking what little spare cash I have and buying UCO. It is an EFT that moves 3X the price of crude oil. Example if crude oil move 2% UCO will move 6%.

Currently at about $4 per share. Last April was at $26 and has been in the low 30s in the past 3 years.

Part of the reason oil is tanking is coronavirus but an equal part of the drop is due to Saudi Arabia getting into pi$$ing match with Russia. Both will blow over in time IMO.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I look for it to bounce up and down for the next week or two, and then stabilize and start to climb (slowly). The market was way overvalued, IMO, and now we're back to about where I thought it should be.

Market won’t like the million jobs lost in possibly each of the next couple months. Service industry was driving jobs numbers. This is not a blip. Social isolation is going to be with us for a while.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Robert Reich
@RBReich

The biggest U.S. airlines spent 96% of free cash flow over the last decade to buy back shares of their own stock in order to boost executive bonuses and please wealthy investors. Now, they expect taxpayers to bail them out to the tune of $50 billion. It's the same old story.
8:24 PM · Mar 16, 2020·Twitter Web App
Retweets

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
shorted 100 shares of Tesla(TSLA) at $483 and covered at $420. Gain of $6,300
shorted 200 shares of Tesla (TSLA) at $429 and covered at $469. Loss of $8,000
shorted 100 shares of Boeing (BA) at $117.71 and covered at $104.21. Gain of $1,350

My selfishness cost me $350 in real cash and the gain I had in Tesla.

purchased 1,000 shares of Planet Fitness (PLNT) at $31.23. dumb idea
purchased 500 shares of US Entertainment ETF (PEJ) at $22.91. dumb idea.
shorted 100 shares of Clorox (CLX) at $197.37. dumb idea.

Last edited:

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Im keeping my on it at $10. I’m probably buying it at $7.
Do you have a theory as to why it would get to 2008 level lows?
Just curious, my .02 - for financial companies there are no "systematic" issues right now (like the mortgage crash, dot com bubble, etc). Yes T rates are obviously crazy low, but they've been mitigating those for 5+ years.

I look at a company like Principal and I don't see how they won't come out the other side of this relatively unscathed.

I'm painting with a super broad brush here and ignoring a lot, but this is my thought process.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone06 and SCNCY

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Do you have a theory as to why it would get to 2008 level lows?
Just curious, my .02 - for financial companies there are no "systematic" issues right now (like the mortgage crash, dot com bubble, etc). Yes T rates are obviously crazy low, but they've been mitigating those for 5+ years.

I look at a company like Principal and I don't see how they won't come out the other side of this relatively unscathed.

I'm painting with a super broad brush here and ignoring a lot, but this is my thought process.

I don’t think it will get to that level. I just think there will be so many other buying opps that PFG at $25 isn’t that appealing compared to other places that money could be deployed. I want to get in to those severely beaten up industries at bargain basement/garage sale prices.

Reactions: DSMCy

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I don’t think it will get to that level. I just think there will be so many other buying opps that PFG at $25 isn’t that appealing compared to other places that money could be deployed. I want to get in to those severely beaten up industries at bargain basement/garage sale prices.
I'm slightly more risk adverse than you haha. I worry those types of companies won't be around after this..

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Robert Reich
@RBReich

The biggest U.S. airlines spent 96% of free cash flow over the last decade to buy back shares of their own stock in order to boost executive bonuses and please wealthy investors. Now, they expect taxpayers to bail them out to the tune of $50 billion. It's the same old story.
8:24 PM · Mar 16, 2020·Twitter Web App

Is Reich suggesting they should have put the money in T-Bills for a rainy day? Maybe a savings account?
Very disappointing to hear this kind of inanity from someone who knows better.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I'm glad to see the curve is bending to the right in Italy, but how much really changes until there is a vaccine or consistent treatment in place? Are we going to have these 4 weeks of isolation and see the cases drop, then open back up? It feels like it is just going to re-fire unless warm weather actually does stop this thing.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm glad to see the curve is bending to the right in Italy, but how much really changes until there is a vaccine or consistent treatment in place? Are we going to have these 4 weeks of isolation and see the cases drop, then open back up? It feels like it is just going to re-fire unless warm weather actually does stop this thing.

Doesn't sound like warm weather will stop it (WHO is saying it survives in warm/humid climates), but one would hope that it would inhibit the spread/severity, like other respiratory illnesses.

No idea how they intend to curb the isolation very soon unless that happens. At some point, it's just going to be around, and people have to go back to living their lives.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX

They'll have to start easing the social distancing mandates at some point, and at 4 weeks in the future we're that much closer to have better healthcare infrastructure in place to deal with new cases. The curve will be flattened. At least I hope.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron