MLB: 2020 Chicago Cubs Season Thread

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Trying to decide if a no-no in a blowout is easier or harder. For my money, I think it'd be harder, as your temptation would be to just pump strikes and avoid walks.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Trying to decide if a no-no in a blowout is easier or harder. For my money, I think it'd be harder, as your temptation would be to just pump strikes and avoid walks.
If up like 3 runs I would say harder - up 10-12 runs I would say easier since you don't have to worry for quite some time that a walk here or there is going to hurt your team.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Pretty cool moment from a guy who had to fight and work hard to earn every opportunity he's had in baseball. Just his 15th career start and he throws a no-no. Regardless of the team and situation that's still a heck of an accomplishment that any MLB pitcher would love to have.

Reactions: Snydes

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
With both Pirates/Reds and Cards/Brewers double headers today Cubs could see their position strengthen significantly from their couches.

Last edited:

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Pretty cool moment from a guy who had to fight and work hard to earn every opportunity he's had in baseball. Just his 15th career start and he throws a no-no. Regardless of the team and situation that's still a heck of an accomplishment that any MLB pitcher would love to have.

Just heard on a Cubs podcast that he only has one other complete game in his entire baseball career. It was a 7 inning single A game.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
With both Pirates/Reds and Cards/Brewers double headers today Cubs could see their position strengthen significantly from their couches.

I feel like anytime there is a double header in baseball, more often than not, the teams split which wouldn’t help the cubs a ton. It’d be nice to see the cards And reds get swept but I’m not sure I would bet on it.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I feel like anytime there is a double header in baseball, more often than not, the teams split which wouldn’t help the cubs a ton. It’d be nice to see the cards And reds get swept but I’m not sure I would bet on it.
A split by the Pirates would guarantee that the Reds aren't able to sweep that series - that helps considering how bad the Pirates have been. A split between the Brewers and Cards adds another loss to both their records - with so few games left that definitely helps the Cubs keep their lead. Also a split in that series in Miller puts a lot pressure on the Cards to salvage the series. They know they are running out of time.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
The Cardinals are fading.

The Reds might make a late run at one of those last wildcard spots if they can complete the sweep of the Pirates. White Sox, Brewers, Twins isn't an easy finish though.

Reactions: FarmClone

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Braves lost tonight so we are tied with them for the 2nd best record and hold the tie breaker via intra-divison record.

Reactions: CycloneErik

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
This is amazing to me, 49 games into the season.

From the game story on Cubs.com:

Bryant delivered an RBI single in the fifth and scored on a double by Rizzo. That marked the first time this season that Rizzo has knocked in Bryant in a game.

• Informative
Reactions: isucy86

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
This is amazing to me, 49 games into the season.

From the game story on Cubs.com:

Bryant delivered an RBI single in the fifth and scored on a double by Rizzo. That marked the first time this season that Rizzo has knocked in Bryant in a game.
Will be interesting to hear the Cubs take on Bryant's play after the season is over. My guess the party line will be he played through injuries. But looking at the box score he has something like the 8th best On Base and Slugging % among the Cubs core players.

Not good numbers for a player looking for a big payday. A lot of options out there for about half the $. And Bote wouldn't be a bad option if he is your team's 8th/9th batter.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron