2019 Wrestling Nationals

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah, I did the math in this thread when the brackets came out and that's why I'm stressing how much on the border we are of a great tournament or a disappointing one.

Gomez, Parker, and Colbray all are seeded shy of placing, with, if you go by seeds (and ranking, since the only difference between looking at seeds and ranking is Degen's match vs Oliver makes him the underdog if you go by ranking)
  • Gomez bowing out tommorow morning in the third round of consolations with a loss to Bridges, who he lost to 2-6 at Big 12s
  • Parker bowing out with a loss to Brock in the 2nd round of consolations, who he beat 6-3 head to head but is ranked seeded and ranked lower than (this is obviously a good place for us to overperform but he'll need to beat Eirman or Alber to AA)
  • Colbray bowing out with a loss to #6 Dean or #4 Parker in the R12
Going with the coaches ranking rather than seeding, we'll have matches today between
  • #12 Parker vs #13 Red in Round 1
  • #10 Degen vs #8 Oliver in Round 2
  • #23 Straw vs #25 Monday in 1st round Consolations
  • #11 Colbray vs #10 Reenan in Round 2
  • #6 Miklus vs #10 Brunner in Round 2
  • #26 Gremmel vs #27 Maley in Round 2
That's a lot of matches between guys that are more or less evenly ranked. If we all of those that's a good sign for the weekend. But tomorrow is really when we'll get the chance to fade away or separate. I'm not trying to tamper expectations or anything here,we have a lot of possible upside and I am hoping we see it. I'm just trying to stress how on the border this team is and how much is riding on the wrestlers and coaches having a good weekend. This is where Dresser and co earn their paycheck.

Even though we are slight underdogs and will need to do some major grinding out wins. I am still extremely giddy that I get watch ISU guys in 9 weights. I have faith in the guys and know we will have an upset or two go our way and hopefully have no major head scratchers. It is fun to be a cyclone wrestling fan again.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
The bracket changes for Gremmel and Mackall could prove to be big. Hope they both have good first round matches

Bucklara

Jan 14, 2016
tumblr_o10e3jDOwL1qbrivdo1_500.gif
Go get that Ice cream!

• Winner
Reactions: skibumspe

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Noon eastern. Mackall will be in the hole on mat 3 when they kick off so the first ISU guy might not be until 12:15-12:30 depending on how prompt they are with the noon start.

Thanks, that helps. :) NCAA tourney wrestling and basketball make this such a good weekend.

Ocy Docy

Oct 26, 2018
Anyone else having trouble with espn3? Years past you would be taken to a hub where all the different mats were on a side bar and it was easy to navigate. Not finding that.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Anyone else having trouble with espn3? Years past you would be taken to a hub where all the different mats were on a side bar and it was easy to navigate. Not finding that.

Just open the schedule link in a new tab and you'll have the full list there. I know it might not be as nice, but at least the list is there.