2019 prospect Antavion Collum interview

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by Whistle2Whistle, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Whistle2Whistle

Whistle2Whistle New Member

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. acgclone

acgclone Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Ratings:
    +2,354 / 154 / -0
    6’8” PG??

Yes please

3. I-stateTheTruth

I-stateTheTruth Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,351 / 33 / -0
    Even if he's not even 6'10"?

4. LLCoolJansma

LLCoolJansma Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Male
    Quality
    Minneapolis
    Ratings:
    +2,333 / 116 / -0
    Between Nick Weller-Babb and Haliburton being both above 6'5" and the recruitment of Collum I am curious if the staff now is actively looking for Tall PG's. Perhaps even to move them off the ball to get multiple ball handlers on the floor. Something to monitor in the future.

Of course Tyler Harris continued recruitment pokes a hole in that theory and shows the staff will still take the best talent on the board.

5. heitclone

heitclone Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Male
    Recreation Therapist
    Malvern, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,514 / 53 / -0

Check out the poster dunk around 2:55 :eek:....he isn't an elite athlete (probably will be after a college weight program) but he's very skilled for his size, really good passer and has a good first couple of steps. I haven't found any tape of him actually playing PG but he seems to have the skill set. Very intriguing prospect.

6. Whistle2Whistle

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Just a little insight on Collum, whom I've been following all season. Truly a combo guard, but has transitioned to the PG spot since leaving Memphis East and stepping into a prominent role at Tennessee Prep. Been a great scorer throughout his career, very unselfish player, good rebounder, good ballhandler. Not a true PG, but has all the skills to play the position. With his size and skills, combined with how rapidly his recruitment has been picking up, and success on the floor, I could see him being right on the edge of a five-star prospect by the end of his senior season.

As for recruiting tall combo guards, I actually grew up watching Coach Prohm at Murray State and can confirm he's always been a fan of having multiple guys on the floor that can handle the ball. Never recruited much for size at Murray State, but the recruiting pitch is a bit different for those guys when trying to get them to come to Iowa State rather than Murray State.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Whistle2Whistle

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Also, here's highlights of him at Mustang Madness . You can also find highlights from his games at Mustang Madness on my Twitter @W2WSportsBlog

8. BWRhasnoAC

BWRhasnoAC Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Finish Carpenter
    Coconut Creek
    Ratings:
    +1,666 / 106 / -0
    Oh please, I want shiney things!