mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Well with Berrios, we should at least not have more than a 4 game losing streak too often!

Need the other starting pitching to step up.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
It was just matchups today

Which is fine. Use your best relievers to get the highest leverage outs. Like the Indians have done.

And others are doing now. Let's see the Twins not be the last team to see the light on stuff for once.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Which is fine. Use your best relievers to get the highest leverage outs. Like the Indians have done.
And others are doing now. Let's see the Twins not be the last team to see the light on stuff for once.

Well, we'll see what the new guy does. As much as I liked Molitor, the one thing I thought he could have done better was manage the match-ups on the mound.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
La Tortuga for MVP. What a story that would be. He certainly could revert back to being a career minor leaguer, but he has been nothing short of amazing since coming to camp fresh off a runner-up finish in the Venezuelan MVP voting. One writer has labeled his blast in the winter league as the greatest home run in baseball history.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The Cleveland lineup was basically a shell of its former self, but you can't argue that the starting pitching has been phenomenal. I know the bats will catch up eventually, but certainly fun to watch our pitchers be dominant for a change.

Kind of disappointed in Perez' outing - he looked very good in spring training.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
The Cleveland lineup was basically a shell of its former self, but you can't argue that the starting pitching has been phenomenal. I know the bats will catch up eventually, but certainly fun to watch our pitchers be dominant for a change.

Kind of disappointed in Perez' outing - he looked very good in spring training.
yeah, he did have 6K's though, so there is something there. Pineda pitched well in his handful of innings, too. I've been very impressed with the pitching so far through one series, hopefully we can keep it going into this weeks games.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
With the added day off, Berrios on the bump tonight. Need to set the tone in this series and leave KC with a series win. This isn't your 2015 Royals, folks.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Even though there weren't many there to watch it, another nice Twin win today in KC, 7-6.

Watching the Tiger game (15 Yankee SOs and counting in the 8th) and I see Jack Morris is in the booth. Is he no longer doing any Twin games?

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
www.facebook.com
Even though there weren't many there to watch it, another nice Twin win today in KC, 7-6.

Watching the Tiger game (15 Yankee SOs and counting in the 8th) and I see Jack Morris is in the booth. Is he no longer doing any Twin games?

I think he's doing some of both but, I could be wrong

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
www.facebook.com
I like Morneau in there quite a bit. Torii is the best though if we don't have Bert.

I agree Justin and Torii are both really good--Way better than Jack or Roy. FYI via Twitter , Bert is only doing 50 games. Tweet says that it's not his choice and that FSN wants to "go in a new direction" I think Justin or Torii are being looked at as long term replacements

Beernuts

Nov 9, 2017
I agree Justin and Torii are both really good--Way better than Jack or Roy. FYI via Twitter , Bert is only doing 50 games. Tweet says that it's not his choice and that FSN wants to "go in a new direction" I think Justin or Torii are being looked at as long term replacements

I really enjoy Torii when he is in the broadcast team. I like his sense of humor...almost a little Bill Walton in him :)

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Hey did you guys see the pitching in the 5th inning last night???

tenor.gif

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Twins' biggest weakness, starting pitching, was certainly exposed last night. Walking in that many guys is minor league stuff.
No doubt though, the Twins have really improved the offensive side. Schoop, Buxton, Polanco, Garver, Astudillo, and Kepler are looking good early. Cruz and Cron will be difference makers down the road.