2019 Joseph Thompson Commits

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
Enough frame to put on a good 25 or 30 pounds easy without losing quickness. Nice.

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
Looks like a great kid that will fit in well. Welcome to CyclONEnation Joseph!

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
After committing, Thompson visited Illinois and per 247 he is thinking about a flip. Wow his "commitment" was solid for what, 7 days? He may stay with ISU but why are you taking visits a week after you supposedly gave your word to CMC? SMH!

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
After committing, Thompson visited Illinois and per 247 he is thinking about a flip. Wow his "commitment" was solid for what, 7 days? He may stay with ISU but why are you taking visits a week after you supposedly gave your word to CMC? SMH!
Happens all the time.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I've gotten to the point where I'm with the recruit on this approach. Why not take the first offer you like, and then if something better comes along, then go with that, and then if something else even better comes along, go with that one, etc, etc.

If you verbal commit, it really means nothing, but hopefully locks down a spot with a school you like that you can always fall back on if nothing better ever comes along. Actually a smart move by the kid. Coaches don't always honor their "commitments" to these kids, so why should the kid? CMC bolted on his guys at Toledo to come here, and someday he'll probably ditch the ISU guys to go somewhere else too.

veteran4cy

Nov 13, 2012
Ankeny
I've gotten to the point where I'm with the recruit on this approach. Why not take the first offer you like, and then if something better comes along, then go with that, and then if something else even better comes along, go with that one, etc, etc.

If you verbal commit, it really means nothing, but hopefully locks down a spot with a school you like that you can always fall back on if nothing better ever comes along. Actually a smart move by the kid. Coaches don't always honor their "commitments" to these kids, so why should the kid? CMC bolted on his guys at Toledo to come here, and someday he'll probably ditch the ISU guys to go somewhere else too.

It's like going out with the chick that you likes friend so that she might want to go out with you.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
He had visited Illinois before multiple times. I mean, he is from Illinois. His teammate that also has an ISU offer and has visited Ames, WR Fabian McCray, is thought to be an Illinois lean. But that isn't new info, McCray had been a lean to Illinois before the commitment. There's also this: