2019 Fantasy Football

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I have someone wanting to trade Wentz, Jacobs, Thielen and Boyd to me for Leveon Bell and Hill. I am already receiver heavy with Evans, John Brown, Tyrell William and Dorsett and Hill on IR. I came back with wanting David Johnson, Wentz and Thielen.

When does Winston fall flat again? He's had a great couple of last games.

Classic "I'll give you a bunch of mediocre players for a couple of studs" trade offer.

IndyClone15

Jan 28, 2019
Metropolis
These are the standings for my league. It is a four-team playoff. My question is whether or not I should consider tanking.

I originally thought that I would start at 6-7 losses, if I got there. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 9.31.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 9.31.12 AM.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 9.32.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 9.32.40 AM.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 14

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
These are the standings for my league. It is a four-team playoff. My question is whether or not I should consider tanking.

I originally thought that I would start at 6-7 losses, if I got there. Thoughts?

You're 6th in points, 2 games out of the last playoff spot with 7 games left, and have scored more points than the 4-2 guy and you want to tank? Not only that but you appear to have a solid team with some depth.

What exactly do you mean by tanking? Intentionally dropping good players? Benching your starters? This is a good way to not only piss off alot of players in your league, but it will get you kicked out of alot of leagues Im in.

Take my word that there is nothing more infuriating in fantasy football then being a playoff contender fighting for your life the last couple weeks, while the teams you are fighting with get to play some team that has given up or has an owner who decided in week 10 since he's 2-8 that he doesnt want to play anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: STATE12

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
RB quandary - I have to play either David Montgomery against New Orleans or Chase Edmonds against the Giants. David Johnson is going to play today so I think DM will get more touches but Edmonds has a better matchup and he's been more productive with his opportunities. Go with quantity or quality?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Starter over back up any day

Generally I agree. But I don't know how big the gap is going to be. I wouldn't be surprised if DM only out-touches Edmonds something like 20-12. If that ends up being the case I think Edmonds could outscore DM based on sample size and matchup.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
The saints run defense is very good. If it was me i would start edmonds. I have kamara so im trying to decide between edmonds and Jamaal Williams. I think I'm going to go edmonds because he will get his touches as is in what should be a shootout and if johnson is really banged up or leaves early edmonds could explode.

IndyClone15

Jan 28, 2019
Metropolis
Generally I agree. But I don't know how big the gap is going to be. I wouldn't be surprised if DM only out-touches Edmonds something like 20-12. If that ends up being the case I think Edmonds could outscore DM based on sample size and matchup.

I take Edmonds here. Montgomery is going up against one of the top run defenses in the league, and he is averaging a disappointing 2.44 YPC in his last two games. Edmonds has a much better matchup and has been trending up over the last couple weeks.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I take Edmonds here. Montgomery is going up against one of the top run defenses in the league, and he is averaging a disappointing 2.44 YPC in his last two games. Edmonds has a much better matchup and has been trending up over the last couple weeks.

I think you're right. And if this ends up being DM's breakout week and he's on my bench I can live with it. I can't keep leaving him in the lineup and waiting for the big game to come. Really at this point all Bears skill players are in prove it mode the way it's been going for them lately.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Had to make a similar decision between David Montgomery vs. NO or Jordan Howard vs. DAL...

Going with Howard, so when Montgomery runs for 100 and 2 tds today, you can thank me later.

Reactions: jbindm

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Who started Marvin Jones Jr. at the flex this week with DJ Moore out?

This guy.

Almost swapped him out at the last minute for Tarik Cohen. Whew.

I'm up by 5 with Mike Nugent kicking tonight, my opponent has no one left playing. Would you bench Nugent to eliminate the possibility of an albeit unlikely Mason Crosbyesque 5-miss meltdown which would kill my W? My total points on the season is pretty low with Barkley missing the previous 3 weeks so I need as much as I can get for tiebreakers.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I'm up by 5 with Mike Nugent kicking tonight, my opponent has no one left playing. Would you bench Nugent to eliminate the possibility of an albeit unlikely Mason Crosbyesque 5-miss meltdown which would kill my W? My total points on the season is pretty low with Barkley missing the previous 3 weeks so I need as much as I can get for tiebreakers.

Usually I'd say don't bench him. But he hasn't been that great, 8/9 on extra points and 2/3 on field goals. Secure the win and bench the kicker.

Reactions: Gonzo

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I'm projected to lose one of my matchups this week by 0.08 points.

It's up to Le'Veon Bell and Jamison Crowder vs. New England tonight. I'm not very confident...

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Who started Marvin Jones Jr. at the flex this week with DJ Moore out?

This guy.

Almost swapped him out at the last minute for Tarik Cohen. Whew.

How many points do you get penalized for a missed kick? Does it depend on the distance or whether it's an PAT or FG?