2019 Fantasy Football

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
AB owner would be thrilled.

Absolutely. I'd take that in a heartbeat. I seriously doubt he ever plays in the NFL again.

I hope someone in my league comes at me with an offer like this... before I just cut him next week when I'm searching the waiver wire.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Absolutely. I'd take that in a heartbeat. I seriously doubt he ever plays in the NFL again.

I hope someone in my league comes at me with an offer like this... before I just cut him next week when I'm searching the waiver wire.
Yeah, AB isn't worth any rosterable player at this point. I'd be like you, probably hold him until waiver time next week seeing if there was miraculously any smoke about another team being interested then drop him when there is none. The next thing we see out of Antonio Brown will be a mugshot.
Only tacos would offer Landry for AB.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yeah, AB isn't worth any rosterable player at this point. I'd be like you, probably hold him until waiver time next week seeing if there was miraculously any smoke about another team being interested then drop him when there is none. The next thing we see out of Antonio Brown will be a mugshot.
Only tacos would offer Landry for AB.

"Tacos"? That's new.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
For RB2...

Phillip Lindsay @ Green Bay
Rex Burkhead v. NY Jets (James White not playing)
Tarik Cohen @ Washington
Chris Thompson v. Chicago

???

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
With Saquon going down I'm thinking of trying to trade to get help at RB. Considering offering Brandin Cooks for Chris Carson, and assume I'd likely have to sweeten it. Question, would you ride with this while Saquon is out:

QB - Dak Prescott
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Brandin Cooks
RB - Phillip Lindsay
RB - Chris Thompson
TE - Delanie Walker
FL - DJ Moore
K - stream
D - stream

Or would you try landing Carson for Cooks and possibly Chris Thompson? If I trade Cooks I have DJ Moore and Marvin Jones Jr. to slide into WR2.

Not sure if I should try making a move or sit tight.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
With Saquon going down I'm thinking of trying to trade to get help at RB. Considering offering Brandin Cooks for Chris Carson, and assume I'd likely have to sweeten it. Question, would you ride with this while Saquon is out:

QB - Dak Prescott
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Brandin Cooks
RB - Phillip Lindsay
RB - Chris Thompson
TE - Delanie Walker
FL - DJ Moore
K - stream
D - stream

Or would you try landing Carson for Cooks and possibly Chris Thompson? If I trade Cooks I have DJ Moore and Marvin Jones Jr. to slide into WR2.

I have Carson on my team and I'm getting a little nervous. His fumble issues plus Rashaad Penny coming back make me think he's at best heading for a timeshare and at worst losing his spot entirely. I'd hold off on that trade if I were you.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
@Gonzo I am thinking of changing my team name to ObamaCare. We can only carry 3 players on IR and all three are receivers. I have Bell on a bye this week and with Cohen as a reserve RB and with the Bears RB situation no RB of theirs is going to get big points.

Reactions: Gonzo

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I have Carson on my team and I'm getting a little nervous. His fumble issues plus Rashaad Penny coming back make me think he's at best heading for a timeshare and at worst losing his spot entirely. I'd hold off on that trade if I were you.

Had a guy offer me Jacoby Brissett, Todd Gurley, Alvin Kamara, and Marquise Goodwin; for Dak Prescott, Julio Jones, Phillip Lindsay, and Chris Thompson.

Uh, no.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Had a guy offer me Jacoby Brissett, Todd Gurley, Alvin Kamara, and Marquise Goodwin; for Dak Prescott, Julio Jones, Phillip Lindsay, and Chris Thompson.

Uh, no.

Can't blame them for trying to sell high on Brissett.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
@Gonzo I am thinking of changing my team name to ObamaCare. We can only carry 3 players on IR and all three are receivers. I have Bell on a bye this week and with Cohen as a reserve RB and with the Bears RB situation no RB of theirs is going to get big points.

I have Cohen too, going nowhere fast.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
If you had David Montgomery and your QB options are Baker Mayfield or Matt Stafford, would you give up Montgomery to have Kyler Murray?

Asking because I have Deshaun Watson and Kyler Murray but don't need both. Want to try and buy Montgomery low.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
If you had David Montgomery and your QB options are Baker Mayfield or Matt Stafford, would you give up Montgomery to have Kyler Murray?

Asking because I have Deshaun Watson and Kyler Murray but don't need both. Want to try and buy Montgomery low.

Nah. I'm holding on Montgomery. It's still kind of a mess in Chicago but the offense showed some signs of life last night. The touches are there; hopefully the production isn't far behind.

But you never know. It wouldn't surprise me if some people who have Montgomery on their team are already looking to cut their losses. Maybe you can take advantage of that.

• Agree
Reactions: STATE12

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015

QB - Dak Prescott
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Brandin Cooks
RB - Phillip Lindsay
RB - Chris Thompson
TE - Delanie Walker
FL - DJ Moore
K - stream
D - stream

If Carson can cure his fumbling issues, he could be an RB1 type guy. I think with most Carson owners worried about the fumbling/timeshare right now, you may not have to offer more than Cooks. If you're RB desperate I actually kind of like your side on that trade. He's consistent with 15 carries in every game, and some balls thrown his way too.

There is always the possibility that the fumbles continue though as jbindm noted...

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
My team sucks. And I have terrible luck. Consequently I've lost by 50 points every week. That is all.