***2019-2020 College Football Survivor Week 1***

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
How would that work?
every week along with your pick, you pick the score and winner of the Iowa State game. The person closest at the end of the year wins the tiebreaker if there is one (usually there is).

winner gets priority, then closest score is next.

Reactions: cyclones500

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
every week along with your pick, you pick the score and winner of the Iowa State game. The person closest at the end of the year wins the tiebreaker if there is one (usually there is).

Ew.
I'm superstitious - I can't stand betting against ISU. :D

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I like adding an Iowa State dimension, but think it is probably better to just wait and settle the tie-breaker by making the remaining players pick the score along with their picks if there is a risk of the game ending that week with a tie-breaker.

Another version of this game that could focus on Iowa State would be relate only to the Iowa State game. You stay in the game as long as you pick correctly against the spread.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
This. Its not copycat, its picking a team that favored by almost 5 TD's who has to go on the road the next week to play the #1 team in the nation.

I'm not saying that everyone who picks the same team is a copycat. But there is plenty of evidence of the copycat phenomenon. See KC's post above. I could go through last year's games and show several places where a team is not picked by anyone, then one person picks them, and soon another will. Not saying it is a bad strategy, just interesting.

Now that we have had our first LSU pick, expect another soon.

CywinLannister

Feb 6, 2016
Casterly Rock
Week 1:
9.png

Help Support Us

Become a patron