2017 Stock Prediction

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I've been buying a bit of LAND this year. It's specialty farms that keeps my desire to own land in check. Nice dividend (perhaps a bit unsustainable). Anyone else own this? There aren't many land-based REITs so it's a good fit for me.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I've been buying a bit of LAND this year. It's specialty farms that keeps my desire to own land in check. Nice dividend (perhaps a bit unsustainable). Anyone else own this? There aren't many land-based REITs so it's a good fit for me.

I own a little bit of this. Interesting investment. Do we get to say we own a little bit of land since we own this investment? :D

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I own a little bit of this. Interesting investment. Do we get to say we own a little bit of land since we own this investment? :D

yes, it's like buying 1 square foot in england and claiming you're a prince...

i'm wondering how much of this is too much. i love what they buy and i love their geographic diversification.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
SHOP and BZUN have been a lot of fun for me this year. SHOP is predicted to be the next AMZN, but who knows. It's been a lot of fun and doesn't appear to have any headwinds yet.

isu22andy

Sep 17, 2012
GILD (Gilead Sciences): $72 / sh

+ They have $9 / share just in cash.
+ Stock is selling a 6x PE, while the other drug companies sell for 12x
+ They essentially have the cure for Hepatitis C
stock will probably go down before going up, but could easily go to $95/sh; it used to sell at $120

Thanks for the advice , owe ya a beer .

Reactions: Go2Guy

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
SHOP and BZUN have been a lot of fun for me this year. SHOP is predicted to be the next AMZN, but who knows. It's been a lot of fun and doesn't appear to have any headwinds yet.

Yikes, congrats on the run so far but I've seen this story before. Amazon is a beast itself but barely makes money for a company its size. Let's just say that nothing is the next Amazon. FANG stocks are vastly overvalued but who knows when they come back to reality.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
One stock I've been impressed with is Canada Goose. Right before their IPO I went to NYC and saw that every type of person was sporting a GOOS coat and the line to the retail store was down the block an hour before they opened and knew I had to own it. Still might be opportunity there. It's not a hotshot or anything but I feel like it's going to be decent for the long term.

Reactions: LindenCy

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
A few weeks back I had heard a couple of people talking about a fund that guaranteed annual returns around 10%. Does anybody know what that might be?

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
A few weeks back I had heard a couple of people talking about a fund that guaranteed annual returns around 10%. Does anybody know what that might be?

No such thing and I wouldn't trust anyone that even mentioned it. Hell if I could find something guaranteed for 1/2 that amount I'd be happy t park my emergency fun into it. Instead it sits in a savings account earning 1%.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I know all about this fund send me 10 grand to my offshore bank account and I'll get you in.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Thanks for the advice , owe ya a beer .

Didn't think it would take that long, but good for you for holding as I will too.
If you have the patience and resources; I'd hold on as GILD delivered what the big boys wanted - an acquisition and you can see from the buy-side balance some big funds have moved in.
Gene splicing therapy for cancer, which they acquired from KITE, will develop just like they grew the HepC therapy.

• Agree
Reactions: isu22andy

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Would like to see a sell off, so can buy some stock on sale. Some of the best money I ever made was investing in the stock market when it cratered in 2008.

Reactions: LindenCy

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Would like to see a sell off, so can buy some stock on sale. Some of the best money I ever made was investing in the stock market when it cratered in 2008.
Hang in there. It will happen. It always has.
Your challenge is deciding when to buy and sell. You have to be able/willing to do both..

• Friendly
Reactions: windycitycy

Thefullmonte

Nov 3, 2015
This is great. We should totally keep this thread going all year for market conversation. I'm fascinated by it.

My big long term play is still Under Armor. Long term. All these endorsements they have overpaid for are eventually going to pay off big time. They have overreached now but in 10 years, I see a stock that's trading at 29 or whatever now up in the 50s or 60s consistently.

@ChrisMWilliams

What are your thoughts on UA's price to earnings ratio, debt load, income statement, and their dividend payouts?

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Hang in there. It will happen. It always has.
Your challenge is deciding when to buy and sell. You have to be able/willing to do both..

i've bought too many duds over the years and not sold enough winners when they were high. i'm still up, as is everybody who's been in for years, but the buy-and-hold has served me far, far better than trying to trade stocks.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

Hmm, this looks like an interesting one to own. Fairly stable and good dividend. Might have to get some.

Help Support Us

Become a patron