2017 St. Louis Cardinals Thread

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Balls and strikes were iffy all night, for sure. That AB where the pitcher took for ******* ever to throw home didn't warrant the blow up at all. Don't take forever, and time won't be called, simple as that.

I also wasn't sure if that was a check swing or not, but it was close. Never got a replay though to see, so who knows. Red Sox are killing the comebacks this year, just no quit.

The pitcher was not taking that long, the ump in the bottom of the 9th can not impact the game like that by calling time out. Let the players decide the game for goodness sakes.

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University
The pitcher was not taking that long, the ump in the bottom of the 9th can not impact the game like that by calling time out. Let the players decide the game for goodness sakes.

Yes, he most definitely was taking that long. I understand I'm rooting for the Sox, but be impartial for a second, he took a long time. It also wasn't the ump who left a hanging breaking ball for Mookie to smash, or who missed a tag at home.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Yes, he most definitely was taking that long. I understand I'm rooting for the Sox, but be impartial for a second, he took a long time. It also wasn't the ump who left a hanging breaking ball for Mookie to smash, or who missed a tag at home.

As I said in the thread this game isn't on those bad umps, this game is on our GM for not getting more bullpen help. It has been a joke all season.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I'm probably the biggest Wainwright fan I know but there was no reason for him to make that start last night when it was blatantly obvious that something was terribly wrong in his last start. The Cards are winning his starts with run support and in spite of Waino, not because of him. It makes me sad to see my favorite pitcher going downhill, but SOMEBODY, whether it's Yadi, Matheny, Mo, or Waino himself has to have the sack to say he doesn't have it. Loyalty is all well and good but it's misplaced here.

It doesn't help that Leake is probably about one start behind him in heading to the DL (already should have happened) and Rosey is likely done as well, but my lord, make the tough call and put him on the shelf until he's right. 84 on his fastball?! Even with a decent curve mixed in that looks like a beach ball to major league hitters. Weaver should have made that start last night. Get Flaherty up here too. Whether the Cards stay in this race or not it's time to find out what they have with these guys so they can make some informed off season decisions.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
We might be seeing Flaherty up sooner than later. Really need a stopper right now. He's really hot in AAA.

Yeah, but it's AAA. We'll see what he does up in The Show. Weaver was pretty hot stuff in AAA too.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Archer is very consistent. Seems to always go 6-7 IP and give up 1-3 runs. Hopefully we can get to 3 somehow. How about a Carp 2 R blast.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
I've been trying to be optimistic as long as I can, but it's hard to when we won't make up ground when the 2 teams above us are begging us to take this division from them. Time is running out.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I've been trying to be optimistic as long as I can, but it's hard to when we won't make up ground when the 2 teams above us are begging us to take this division from them. Time is running out.

The Brewers are begging you by taking 2 of 3 from LA and 5 of 9 on a west coast trip?

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
About to beat San Diego and pull to 4 gb tonight. Let's see how long chuckd plays off that he's not afraid of this team. It's cute.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
About to beat San Diego and pull to 4 gb tonight. Let's see how long chuckd plays off that he's not afraid of this team. It's cute.
Afraid of the Cardinals? That's cute. Let me know when you start beating Division teams. Until you do that, you're not winning this Division. The Brewers on the other hand are starting to scare me, especially if they win the series this weekend.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Afraid of the Cardinals? That's cute. Let me know when you start beating Division teams. Until you do that, you're not winning this Division. The Brewers on the other hand are starting to scare me, especially if they win the series this weekend.

Dude, don't give me that. You've been saying this for months you were going to pull away. It's September 5th and you haven't.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Dude, don't give me that. You've been saying this for months you were going to pull away. It's September 5th and you haven't.

Ive never said we are "going to pull away". However, Ive said we will win this Division, and Im still very confident we will. Doubt we clinch until the final week though.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Ive never said we are "going to pull away". However, Ive said we will win this Division, and Im still very confident we will. Doubt we clinch until the final week though.

Ah, I never heard that we'd make it until the last week of the year with the great Chicago Cubs team. I guess that's a big upgrade from pulling away from the Cards in July. Your old friend Wood has given us a 2-0 lead.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Ah, I never heard that we'd make it until the last week of the year with the great Chicago Cubs team. I guess that's a big upgrade from pulling away from the Cards in July. Your old friend Wood has given us a 2-0 lead.

The Cardinals wont. The Brewers will. After San Diego, you only have Division games left. You're 8 games under .500 against the Central, and have the 4th worst record against Division opponents in all of baseball. You're not a threat, at all.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron