2017 Non-con . . .

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
He's the highest paid coach in FCS and UNI spends well above the national average on football at the FCS level and he hasn't delivered anywhere near the results to match that since 2008. Couple that with the fact that he's not very easy to get along with and he's put himself in the situation he's in. UNI only owes him one year if they pull the trigger after this year. It won't be difficult to find a very good coach with the resources and facilities we're able to offer.

Farley axed a bunch of assistants this off season as well correct? So clearly this feels like a make or break year for him.

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Farley axed a bunch of assistants this off season as well correct? So clearly this feels like a make or break year for him.

Yep.

A 'retirement' from the offensive coordinator and lots of other guys 'not renewed'. This is his last stand and he's hired a bunch of guys that have done nothing but fail over and over. He found guys that he could control. Its the Farley way...

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Pollard was in my sports economics class the other day and was asked about having a home and home series with teams like Akron and he said it just makes sense financially as it would cost us 2-3 million to just have them come to Ames and us not return there. Compared to only around 750k for FCS teams like UNI.

Other Big schools are not paying that amount of money. It is reportedly in the $1.2 Million range.

http://www.insidenu.com/2016/5/3/11578986/northwestern-football-nevada-payout-2017-schedule

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
As usual, ISU's inability to stop the run will make a favorable non con difficult. Once again, our interior defensive line is a question mark. A quarterback is starting at middle linebacker.

If we are unable to outscore UNI this fall, I will losing my ****ing mind. The Panthers staff turnover & lack of offensive identity should prevent them from getting out of their own way. We probably won't be able to run the ball on them as their front seven are always great at tripping & tackling blockers, but Park should be able to pass our way into the endzone multiple times. If Nwangwu can make it back, our special teams should be able to give us favorable field position.

We must stack the box and dare Iowa to pass. We know what they're gonna try to do. If we allow them to get five yards on the ground every 1st and 2nd down, forget it. Park will need to have a fantastic game as he won't get much help handing it off.

Hopefully Cyclone fans travel well to Akron...

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Pollard was in my sports economics class the other day and was asked about having a home and home series with teams like Akron and he said it just makes sense financially as it would cost us 2-3 million to just have them come to Ames and us not return there. Compared to only around 750k for FCS teams like UNI.
Plus, if you look at the schedules, a lot of Big 12 (and I'm assuming it's the same for other P5 teams) do home and home with smaller teams. So it isn't just us doing things like this.

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
I just wish the home and homes with MAC teams could be against the traditional last place MAC schools. I've always thought the same about FCS schools. We will get no credit for beating the top MAC or FCS team. At the end of the season it will be thought of the same whether they are the first or last place team. Not saying the MAC teams aren't good, but if we beat the best team in the MAC that team will get 0 love from the national media. I honestly believe we would have an easier time beating Rutgers in a home and home than Toledo or Akron.

San jose st is the kind of team it needs to be if it isn't a power 5 team

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
There will be at least a dozen ISU fans going to the Akron game from my friend group. Akron is my hometown and this game has been circled for us for a while now. Already planning a mixed tailgate with my group of friends that went to Akron.