2017 Football Poster

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I dunno, the center guy looks like he's wearing number 8 . . . looks to me it's Matt Leo (89) wearing an off number. He's such a big monster, having him in the center would be a helluva image (maybe with a dark visor).

But, you wouldn't feature a newcomer there, you would not think. Kind of a mystery in my humble estimation. Seems like you'd feature Lazard there, for sure.
I don't think there's any doubt that it is Lazard

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
it's lazard. he is the best skill player we have, the best legit chance at the NFL, and the face of iowa state football for the past 3 years. i would be floored beyond belief if it wasn't him.

any updates?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I like it. I know a lot of people won't because of the all gray uniforms, but I wouldn't read too much into that. What if that's just what the players wanted. Who cares. It looks good I think.

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Guessing these are also the captains for next year? Have they made that announcement yet?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
If we're adding a gray helmet, we had also better be adding a gold one at the same time.

Garsh, yes. I'll absorb the gray-stuff more willingly if gold helmet is added to the package.

It appears ISU is embracing the expanded uniform trend. I tend to be a purist, but if we're going all-out/all-in, that's cool with me. But a gold/mustard helmet has to be part of the rotation.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Good. Yes. But best? That's all white and not close.

But we don't need another uniform thread, do we?

All white is the best. Next best is white-gray-gray IMO. Third is probably what's in the poster.

I just have to say that I love our uniform changes we've made since Rhoads' departure. Much more cutting edge than just sticking with traditional conservative same old combos. JP made somewhat of a mistake years ago in stating that he wanted to create an identity and stick with it and not mess with it. It seems like CMC came in and convinced him that won't work, especially here. We aren't Alabama, ND, Michigan, Penn State, etc that have an established name brand and tradition.

ISU has never had a true identity, ever. We've been all over the place with logos, colors, etc. We aren't going to establish that now. We need to embrace being that cutting edge type school that welcomes trying new things. As long as we don't change the color of the field for crying out loud. Anything but green is just stupid.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
All white is the best. Next best is white-gray-gray IMO. Third is probably what's in the poster.

I just have to say that I love our uniform changes we've made since Rhoads' departure. Much more cutting edge than just sticking with traditional conservative same old combos. JP made somewhat of a mistake years ago in stating that he wanted to create an identity and stick with it and not mess with it. It seems like CMC came in and convinced him that won't work, especially here. We aren't Alabama, ND, Michigan, Penn State, etc that have an established name brand and tradition.

ISU has never had a true identity, ever. We've been all over the place with logos, colors, etc. We aren't going to establish that now. We need to embrace being that cutting edge type school that welcomes trying new things. As long as we don't change the color of the field for crying out loud. Anything but green is just stupid.

I'm all for what they're doing. There's nothing wrong with trying new things, as ISU has no real uniform tradition to cling to. I do hope that they get yellow helmets and not just grey. They also need to do more with that center helmet stripe...I think that all helmets need the stripe that the white one has. Then experiment with new logo decals. There should be no games where we use the exact same combo.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
We fans' tastes are so different . . . I despise yellow jerseys, others really like 'em. I like gray top to bottom, some don't. . . .

Guess we gotta roll with what the coaches and the team likes. In that case, it's all good. I'm All In. ;-)

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Honestly I want to see white/gray/white the most and also white/gold/white

W/g/w...

Cyclone equipment showed this combo on Twitter before the last game and people went nuts for it. Then they deleted the post and showed our "normal" combo w a red facemask.

Not sure why they had a mock up ready to go and then mot use it...

I bet we will see that combo this season. CMC has coached 12 games and we've had 12 combos.