***2016 NFL Off-Season/Free Agency Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
He certainly doesn't act like someone that is trying to get picked up by another team.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...is-von-miller-claim-is-refuted-155926208.html

LOL, yeah I was just about to post the ESPN article about that: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15176905/johnny-manziel-says-living-von-miller-denver-broncos

Any team that signs that nutjob deserves all the bad stuff that is bound to come with him. That being said he sounds like a perfect fit for the Dallas Cowboys :twitcy:

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Don't have a link but ESPN bottom line had that Josh Gordon failed another drug test after applying for reinstatement.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Rams trade for #1 pick. Titans getting a huge haul of picks.

Rams are presumably moving up to grab a QB.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It's not as bad as what DC gave up to get RGIII a few years ago, but it's a pretty big haul for Goff or Wentz. It's a good move for the Titans, who reportedly weren't even sold on Tunsil as the best LT in the draft. Now they don't have to reach at #1, and they can restock a roster that's short on young, inexpensive talent.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
It's not as bad as what DC gave up to get RGIII a few years ago, but it's a pretty big haul for Goff or Wentz. It's a good move for the Titans, who reportedly weren't even sold on Tunsil as the best LT in the draft. Now they don't have to reach at #1, and they can restock a roster that's short on young, inexpensive talent.

Stupid trade by the Rams. They gave up way too much to pick either Wentz/Goff. I could understand if there was a Cam Newton or Andrew Luck sitting there at number one.

If Mariotta pans out, the Titans could be really good in a few years.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...l-pick-nfl-draft-uncertain-whether-make-trade

I'm not sure how I'd feel about that if I was a Browns fan. I know Wentz and Goff aren't "can't miss" prospects, but if Cleveland is going to trade out of the second pick and miss on the top two QBs in this year's draft then they better get a big haul in return.
They traded the #2 pick to the Eagles for 5 picks
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...o-2-pick-draft-philadelphia-eagles-five-picks

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
CggSQWbXIAABKA0.jpg

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Holy crap the Eagles gave up a crap load to move up 6 picks

I actually think Cleveland was the team that got screwed in this deal. Cleveland has 4 picks in the top 77 selections, while Tennessee has 6 in that same span. In reality, Philly just freed up some cap space by not being able to draft, sign, and pay a 1st rounder next year and could use that to build up their roster via free agency.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
I actually think Cleveland was the team that got screwed in this deal. Cleveland has 4 picks in the top 77 selections, while Tennessee has 6 in that same span. In reality, Philly just freed up some cap space by not being able to draft, sign, and pay a 1st rounder next year and could use that to build up their roster via free agency.

I don't agree with this at all. Cleveland got a big haul for moving back four spots. If giving up your first rounder to have money to spend in free agency were a legit strategy, we wouldn't even have a draft.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Tell that to the Redskins.

Teams are built on solid 1st and 2nd round picks. Cleveland still gets a top 10 guy and gets a bunch of other good picks to build their team.

And I'm a Steelers fan, so I don't want the Browns to get any better any time soon.