2015-16 Schedule

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Trying to figure out our known schedule for 2015-2016:

Nov. 13 Colorado
Nov. 19-24 (2 of the following teams Chattanooga, Alabama State, Chicago St, Jacksonville St)
Nov. 27 - 1st Round Emerald Coast Classic (UAB, Illinois, Virginia Tech)
Nov. 28 - 2nd Round Emerald Coast Classic
Dec. 11 - Iowa
Dec. 19 - UNI
Jan. 30 - Big XII-SEC Challenge

Are there any other known games? There will be 4 or 5 other non-conference games. Hopefully, we can fill it with another high major opponent and some games against decent mid-major competition with RPIs better than 150 (South Dakota St, Illinois St, Central Michigan, Green Bay, Evansville are some midwestern teams that I would like to see us try to schedule that would actually help our RPI).

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I smell a huge payback coming UAB's way if we play them in the Emerald Classic.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I was thinking before Thursday that ISU was going to play UK for the Big 12-SEC Challenge but now I see them putting OU due to our showing in the tournament. We played Arkansas this year so that is probably off the table. Possible game at Florida? We have been the home team both years so I'd assume we will be travelling this year.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I was thinking before Thursday that ISU was going to play UK for the Big 12-SEC Challenge but now I see them putting OU due to our showing in the tournament. We played Arkansas this year so that is probably off the table. Possible game at Florida? We have been the home team both years so I'd assume we will be travelling this year.
LSU would be a possibility as well.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

I don't think ESPN cares about our showing in this years tournament when it comes to next years scheduling of this event.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I think kentucky is a possibility. They have played KU already. OU will lose a good chunk of roster and so does TX.

Next year isu will be pre season top 10, so I would imagine it's our turn to

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

Nov. 13 Colorado
Nov. 19-24 (2 of the following teams Chattanooga, Alabama State, Chicago St, Jacksonville St)
Dec. 11 - Iowa
Dec. 19 - UNI

Are there any other known games? There will be 4 or 5 other non-conference games. Hopefully, we can fill it with another high major opponent and some games against decent mid-major competition with RPIs better than 150 (South Dakota St, Illinois St, Central Michigan, Green Bay, Evansville are some midwestern teams that I would like to see us try to schedule that would actually help our RPI).

Why is RPI a concern?

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Don't know about the rest of the games, but I'd like to see us play as many top programs as we can. On the road if we have to. Need to get us out of our comfort zone, and play some top teams in adverse environments.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I think kentucky is a possibility. They have played KU already. OU will lose a good chunk of roster and so does TX.

I'd be pretty surprised if Kansas didn't play Kentucky in this thing. They haven't played in the Big 12/SEC Challenge yet actually. ESPN will find a way to either get the Jayhawks to Rupp or the Wildcats to the Phog. College GameDay guaranteed, ESPN will print their own money, and everybody knows it.

I think Iowa State will get a road game at LSU. Florida will host West Virginia or Oklahoma maybe. It's all guessing now but I don't think Iowa State gets Kentucky next year.

This whole thing was set up for a Kansas-Kentucky matchup and now that they moved it to a Saturday in late January they can finally capitalize on that game and make it happen.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

OU loses 1 guy. Thomas

guacamole7

Feb 4, 2010

Who does OU lose besides Thomas?

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010

Nov. 13 Colorado
Dec. 11 - Iowa
Dec. 19 - UNI

I'm pretty sure we already know that our game on Nov. 27 is against Virginia Tech.

That would make four Power 5 opponents already in the non-con, with a shot at 5 if we get Illinois in the second Emeral Coast game. It would be great to add one more and then the rest can be whoever.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Our first round opponent is Virginia Tech. Also heard it will be Kansas-Kentucky in the big 12-sec challenge.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Don't know about the rest of the games, but I'd like to see us play as many top programs as we can. On the road if we have to. Need to get us out of our comfort zone, and play some top teams in adverse environments.

I agree. I don't care if we lose. The committee will not hold it against a team if they lose an away game to a top 15-25 team in the non con. It's almost like a no lose situation, except the loss on the record.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I heard through the grapevine that Iowa State and UConn were interested in a home-and-home series that would have started this year (fall 2014) but something fell through. I don't know for sure but I think UConn was no longer interested after the Sweet 16 game when we played each other. I wonder if they will work at it again to get one started for next season.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
UCONN already had a pretty tough non-con. Texas, Duke, WVU, and Florida. Along with Dayton and Yale. 6 pretty decent teams.

I would love to get a home and home with one of each P5 conference.