2014-15 Non Conference Schedule

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Here is a look at what the non conference schedule might look like:

*Every event, date, and opponent in bold text have been confirmed. Everything not in bold text is a guess based on past schedules.

Fri Oct 3-First official day to practice

Sun Nov 2-Scrimmage

Sun Nov 9-Exhibition

Fri Nov 14-First official day to play a game

Fri Nov 14-Lamar

Tues Nov 18-Oakland(Mich)

Thurs Nov 20-Georgia St

Fri Nov 21-Thanksgiving break begins for students

Mon Nov 24-Maryland/Arizona St/Alabama (CBE Classic @ Kansas City)

Tues
Nov 25-Maryland/Arizona St/Alabama (CBE Classic @ Kansas City)

Sun Nov 30-Thanksgiving break ends for students

Mon Dec 1-Unknown opponent

Thurs Dec 4-Arkansas

Tues Dec 9-Southern

Fri Dec 12-@ Iowa

Mon Dec 15-Fri Dec 19-Finals week for students

Sat Dec 20-McKay is eligible to play

Sat Dec 20-Christmas break begins for students

Sat Dec 20-Drake (Big 4 Classic @ Des Moines)

Tues Dec 23-UMKC

Tues Dec 30-Mississippi Valley St

Sat Jan 3-South Carolina (@ Brooklyn, NY)

Wed Jan 7-First Big 12 game

Sat Jan 10-Second Big 12 game

Sun Jan 11-Christmas break ends for students

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Looking at that, not the greatest non-conf schedule, but could be worse. We at least will play 5 BCS teams if my math is correct.

CyKings

Jun 5, 2013
Kansas City, KS
I really hope that unknown opponent is against someone from the power 5 conferences. Right now there isn't a home game that I "have to get to" like the Michigan game last year.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Pretty underwhelming. Was hoping for a bigger matchup based on our success last year. The CBE has had much better fields in the past, but that's not something we can control. Georgia State is a good under the radar game to watch, they have probably the best mid-major backcourt out there.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
That schedule simply stinks. Very disappointing.

Has potential...if Auburn, SC, Iowa turn out to be good, that'll help. A-state, Maryland, Bama have potential also.

Let's let the chips fall and see what happens. Win, and who cares.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
There's plenty of room in Hilton

We're certainly happy to play in Hilton, provided you'd like to come to Cedar Falls.

I have no ill will towards Iowa State in this. They have every right to play who they want to play and the perfect situation came up PR wise and were able to get out of the series with Fran and Barta taking the bullet. Its never coming back, that's fine. I just wish the Big 4 would end.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
We're certainly happy to play in Hilton, provided you'd like to come to Cedar Falls.

I think it should happen as well but not at a 1:1 rate. I'm not trying to treat UNI as "little" brother but I think a 2 for 1 would make sense.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I have no ill will towards Iowa State in this. They have every right to play who they want to play and the perfect situation came up PR wise and were able to get out of the series with Fran and Barta taking the bullet. Its never coming back, that's fine. I just wish the Big 4 would end.

This was a nice tradition that never should have changed.
At least we were able to replace it with a lackluster event at Wells Fargo and uninspiring noncon opponents. That makes the change worthwhile.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Not a fan of that schedule. Wish we had a big name on it like Michigan again.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
This was a nice tradition that never should have changed.
At least we were able to replace it with a lackluster event at Wells Fargo and uninspiring noncon opponents. That makes the change worthwhile.

Is there anything related to Cyclone athletics you don't ***** about?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

I wish we'd to UNI and Drake, but unfortunately, the higher powers think otherwise.