2010 Buick Nationals at Iowa State Center

cyowa

Apr 18, 2006
As a Cyclone fan and collector of vintage a Buick, (1939 Two Door Touring), I was thrilled to find out via the Buick Club of America website that The Iowa State Center Facility is the chosen site for the 2010 BCA Nationals to be held July 24-July 31, 2010.

This is not a small event. Once a year all Buick enthusiasts get
together at a chosen site to show their cars, partake in tours, and engage in other activities to celebrate the history of the Buick motorcar. Literally hundreds of vintage Buick owners from all over the nation will gather to show their restored, original, modified 1903 to recent year Buicks. They are absolutely gorgeous cars! This is the big event of the year for all Buick entusiasts.

This year's National is being held in Colorado Springs. Recent locations have been in Seattle, and the home of the Buick - Flint Michigan.

The 2010 Ames show is now being touted as: "Iowa - Beautiful Land of Buicks":

"Think fresh sweet corn. Great tasting food cooked by God fearing women, music, food, bands and beer - especially beer!

The advance publicity mentions John Wayne B.P., Field of Dreams, (we like old car tours beyond Ames), Bridges of Madison County, Boone train rides, Reimer Gardens, and more..........

Man, my favorite hobby at one of my favorite places and football to closely follow. 2010 will be a great year for me.

terryk

Apr 13, 2006
Grimes
gee i thought this happens every day at the Fareway in Ames. Just check out the handicap parking area..

cyowa

Apr 18, 2006
gee i thought this happens every day at the Fareway in Ames. Just check out the handicap parking area..

LOL , well done! Yeah, I often recognize the the handicapped spaces at such places loaded with brown Le Sabres driven by the somewhat older crowd.

But the units due to arrive at this event are far from sedate.

Think high dollar show units that rarely frequent the local Hy Vee or Fareway.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Not all Buicks are the "typical" Fareway grocery-getter Buick. :biggrin:

1987-buick-gnx.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron