2007 Fearless football predictions 9-3.(am I crazy?)

letsgostate

Nov 4, 2006
While the Kelly histeria was going strong, I thought something was amiss and pointed out the travel problems with the Kelly theory. Now on to predictions for next year.
Sat, Sep 01 Kent State Ames, Iowa WIN 38-10
Sat, Sep 08 Northern Iowa Ames, Iowa WIN 27-7
Sat, Sep 15 Iowa Ames, Iowa TBA WIN 31-28
Sat, Sep 22 Toledo at Toledo, Ohio WIN 40-10
Sat, Sep 29 Nebraska * at Lincoln, Neb. WIN 17-14
Sat, Oct 06 Texas Tech * at Lubbock, Texas LOSS 35-21
Sat, Oct 13 Texas (Family Weekend) * Ames, Iowa LOSS 28-12
Sat, Oct 20 Oklahoma (Homecoming) * Ames, Iowa LOSS 38-14
Sat, Oct 27 Missouri * at Columbia, Mo. WIN 31-10
Sat, Nov 03 Kansas State * Ames, Iowa WIN 44-35
Sat, Nov 10 Colorado * Ames, Iowa WIN 17-16
Sat, Nov 17 Kansas * at Lawrence, Kan. WIN 31-17

CYCLONES GET FIRST NINE GAME WINNING SEASON IN HISTORY AND GO
9-3
What do you predict?

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
@ Nebraska and the 4 in a row at the end of the season to me is pretty optimistic. I see it as possible, but a tad optimistic.

If I had to guess, I'd go with 7-5 or 6-6.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Schedule looks pretty favorable for Cyclones, I'd be happy with seven wins and that looks possible. Loss to Neb and Iowa. Other picks are great!

kc_clone

Apr 16, 2006
Texas Tech=Win. 10-2!!! Kent State, UNI, Toledo, Kansas, K-State, and Colorado makes for 6 fairly easy games. Chizik has the intensity and coaching style that will make our team much more physical on defense and the Oline. He has already made an impact by telling the team that everyone will sit up straight, no slouching!!!I love this guy!

letsgostate

Nov 4, 2006
You're right...just when I was getting to think I was smart..back to reality. nine wins already...

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
9-3 is pushing it. GC is going to be a little behind in the recruiting process and he still has to put his staff together and hopefully the current players will buy in to what he wants to do. In a nutshell, he'll be a little behind most programs in the Big12 because I don't see any coach getting fired. I'd say 7-5 or 6-6 would be considered a success in GC's first season considering he has a considerable amount of work ahead of him. Give him a couple of years though and look out! I would give him the same sort of timetable that McD has this season. The next few years in Cyclone athletics is going to be exciting for sure!

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Rebuilding years guys, come on. How are we going to all of a sudden dominate teams that owned us this year? I think all of your 'jump to conclusions' mats set expectations a little too high. Lets be modest and try to avoid disappointment next season.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Where are we getting all this talent to fill holes from this season? Entire new offensive line except for one guy, losing Moorehead and Big play Curvey off the D line. A big fat questionmark at running back, although we would be OK if Scales stayed healthy IMO. Our once loaded wide receiver group is lacking to me. Blythe and Moses are studs, but after those 2 it takes a dive unless a guy like Summeral can really step up(which he has potential to do). We return a great deal of our defense, but it was a group who stuggled to stop anybody. Ehhh, I would be VERY happy if we won 6. Still a murderous schedule and a new scheme. That win over Mizzou and this great coaching hire should fire the guys up to work hard in the offseason though.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
If Chizik can somehow address the shortcomings that we have had with our OLine the past few years, maybe a 9 win season is a possibility. However, I think it will take a couple of years to get that built up to where it needs to be. Nebraska on the road is probably a stretch, and we will probably drop one of those last four, though I'm not sure which one. Iowa is down a bit though, so we could take that one in Ames. I think a 6 or 7 win season wouldn't be beyond a reasonable possibility, the extra non conference game really helps. I would be very happy with that and a lower tier bowl to start off with. Anything to get the bad taste out of my mouth from this season.

letsgostate

Nov 4, 2006
Can't help it...we weren't that far off this year. We should have beaten Kansas, Colorado and K State. That would be seven wins right there. We mentally fell apart. I would expect us to get a STUD jc running back and fill in the holes in a hurry. This guy won't mess around. I'll be happy with a 500 season, but think we might just do better than that. (Eternal optimist I guess)

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
I would buy that too! Would it be sold at the University Book Store or Campus Book Store though?

If he wins 9 games next year then it should be sold in every major bookstore in America, just like all of those other books on how to be a good CEO.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
umm... sorry guys, not buying it. Chizik will make us good, very good, but it ain't next year. Too many problems. Remember, we lost all our starters from a pathetic o-line. I hope Bret Meyer makes it through the season alive behind the line coming. I think we need to be realistic about next year. 6-6 would be great, with an 8-4 season coming the year after that, etc, etc. If I learned one lesson from this year, it's getting too optimistic leaves you in a position to be disappointed. While I don't want to sound doom and gloom, it seems to me that being overly optimistic about next year will do us no good at all. My approach to this basketball season was "no expectations" and so far I have been VERY pleased with the results. I will take this approach to next football season. While I love the fact that so many of our fan base are amped about this hire (as am I), I'm just not ready to have huge expectations that get crushed, like this year. We will be real good, but it might take 2-3 years for GC to get his system in place.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Nine wins will make him Coach of Year in Big 12. It could happen. We were thinking nine wins with McC at the helm this year. Let's stuff Colin Cowherd next year to show him we are better than 6-6. Really depends on juco recruiting a running back of consequence and a real rush end. Too bad Berryman cannot be ressurected.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
umm... sorry guys, not buying it. Chizik will make us good, very good, but it ain't next year. Too many problems. Remember, we lost all our starters from a pathetic o-line. I hope Bret Meyer makes it through the season alive behind the line coming. I think we need to be realistic about next year. 6-6 would be great, with an 8-4 season coming the year after that, etc, etc. If I learned one lesson from this year, it's getting too optimistic leaves you in a position to be disappointed. While I don't want to sound doom and gloom, it seems to me that being overly optimistic about next year will do us no good at all. My approach to this basketball season was "no expectations" and so far I have been VERY pleased with the results. I will take this approach to next football season. While I love the fact that so many of our fan base are amped about this hire (as am I), I'm just not ready to have huge expectations that get crushed, like this year. We will be real good, but it might take 2-3 years for GC to get his system in place.

Have to be more than four. We won four with one Barney hand tied behind our back this year.