2 Hawk starters arrested

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
Since you've been here awhile, I would hope you know there is more than enough dissent among cyclone fans to go around.

I think the point is.. why be here when you aren't a fan? When Boozer or Berryman got arrested, I never once thought to head over to HN to defend him against Iowa fans.

It's certainly your right to be here, I guess I'm just somewhat curious as to why.

Boredom. It's pretty slow over at HN right now (besides the JH/JB thread) and I don't have to meet up with friends for drinks until later. Besides, those that have seen me around here before know I don't stir the pot THAT much, at least not nearly as much as some others...

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
Boredom. It's pretty slow over at HN right now (besides the JH/JB thread) and I don't have to meet up with friends for drinks until later. Besides, those that have seen me around here before know I don't stir the pot THAT much, at least not nearly as much as some others...

and that's fine. I was just wondering. as far as the OP goes, I don't see much of a suspension. MAYBE a game. I did find it funny that DolphLundgren had to run over and defend his boys ASAP though.

and hey, I guess you are admitting ISU is better than Iowa at message board banter. admittance of defeat, however minute, by a hawk fan is still something to behold. :biggrin:

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
and that's fine. I was just wondering. as far as the OP goes, I don't see much of a suspension. MAYBE a game. I did find it funny that DolphLundgren had to run over and defend his boys ASAP though.

and hey, I guess you are admitting ISU is better than Iowa at message board banter. admittance of defeat, however minute, by a hawk fan is still something to behold. :biggrin:

Actually you're right on this. I think the biggest issue is you guys really all migrated over here and there is no other big Cyclone MB. We have posters spread out over at least three MBs if not more.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
Actually you're right on this. I think the biggest issue is you guys really all migrated over here and there is no other big Cyclone MB. We have posters spread out over at least three MBs if not more.

We have CSR as well. Though yes, CF is the primary one for sure.

If we want to play the stereotype route, us ISU nerds are usually at computers while Iowa fans are out at Lazerfest or date raping chicks. Maybe that explains our message board/rigging online voting dominance? :wink:

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
Wow...Zing...

Might as well as have some fun with the rivalry, right?

In all seriousness though. I read the report... Was a 5'9 215 pound running back just running around wasted challenging people in a bar to fights? That just seems super random.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
We have CSR as well. Though yes, CF is the primary one for sure.

If we want to play the stereotype route, us ISU nerds are usually at computers while Iowa fans are out at Lazerfest or date raping chicks. Maybe that explains our message board/rigging online voting dominance? :wink:

You see, you were good until right there.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Did I say it was a big deal? I was just posting about it. I even said that I doubt Hampton will get in trouble. I am not sure of Jordan's past. It's no big deal as long as their isn't a history

Your very naive if you don't think Hampton is going to be the starter. Much much better back than Adam Robinson. Barring injury he will lead the team in carries.

I also don't think they should miss any games if it is their first offense. I just was posting about it

You're very naive if you think Hampton was a slam dunk to be #1 when the season started.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
You see, you were good until right there.

Nah, I think the whole paragraph was appropriate. Since you are all about links, shall I make you link me to an article that proves a humorous stereotype to be false?

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Nah, I think the whole paragraph was appropriate. Since you are all about links, shall I make you link me to an article that proves a humorous stereotype to be false?

Your stereotype of Iowa fans is that we go around and committing date-rape?

But yes, in the case of someone saying there is thread on HN criticizing Nebraska, a link would be appropriate.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don't get the posts saying, "yeah, college kids don't drink" "athletes in Ames don't drink". Did you all forget the part about fights being caused and when police were telling Bernstine to back off he was instigating or interfering with the situation and the police? That is a little different than going to a kegger on Welch and having some stale cheap beer. Generally if the police ever came along and said break it up or back off, 99.99999% of people would but that's not the case in Iowa City. And yes they should be getting suspended not so much for the drinking but obviously not listening to officers' orders. As a coach, that would freakin tick me off.

I just don't get knuckleheads like this. 1:46 AM+Bar+20 years old+Athlete+Fights+Interfering with police?

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
Your stereotype of Iowa fans is that we go around and committing date-rape?

But yes, in the case of someone saying there is thread on HN criticizing Nebraska, a link would be appropriate.

Maybe you prefer just rapist without the date part, a la Pierre Piece? There are a ton of douches in IC, so yes, a stereotype is based on that. outlandish, yes, but more outlandish than saying all ISU students are giant nerds that sit at their computers all day?

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Maybe you prefer just rapist without the date part, a la Pierre Piece? There are a ton of douches in IC, so yes, a stereotype is based on that. outlandish, yes, but more outlandish than saying all ISU students are giant nerds that sit at their computers all day?

Thanks for clearing that up. Now I know how big of a grain of salt I'll need when reading future offerings from you.

Hawk fans = date rapists. You heard it here first, on Cyclone Fanatic. Well done.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Thanks for clearing that up. Now I know how big of a grain of salt I'll need when reading future offerings from you.

Hawk fans = date rapists. You heard it here first, on Cyclone Fanatic. Well done.

You really need to lay off the swiss cake rolls and relax. Have you picked up on the fact that you pick on anything outlandish and then carry it in your pocket until you forget about it, or it falls in that little space between the center console in your car and the seat?

Relax.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston

You're not a giant.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM

Yes. because I was passing it off as gospel. I guess the new finding is:

Hawk fans = no sense of humor.