2,500 days since last home win vs. top 10. I thought TCU was top 4 last year?

Nelcyn

Nov 29, 2012
Colorado
A little dose of fake news. That stat was quite convenient and wrong. I felt like a loser, but we manhandled them. This wasn't anything like the 2011 upset game, which they also mentioned and rubbed in our face.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
"This is the biggest win for this program since Oklahoma State on a Thursday Night 6 years ago"

I was shook.

I know there was a general statement that it was the biggest win at ISU in a 'very long time'.

If almost a year (TCU) is a very long time I guess.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
That was the first 2nd-week of October 5pm kickoff win over a top 7 team after 5 straight days of rain and the humidity is over 20% but under 70% since 1924
Exactly what I was talking to my wife about when that stat came on. My example to her was that it was under 55 degrees with a wind between 5 and 15 mph.

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
How many opportunities have there been to beat a top 10, at home, at night in that period of time?

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Yea, it was a disingenuous comment.
Maybe he was trying to make it seem like he walked us thru a historic event. Whatever the reason, somebody behind the scenes had to do some digging.
Heck, if you really wanna be impressed, it was the first time ever, EVER, that Iowa State beat a ranked team...while wearing black.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Yea, it was a disingenuous comment.
Maybe he was trying to make it seem like he walked us thru a historic event. Whatever the reason, somebody behind the scenes had to do some digging.
Heck, if you really wanna be impressed, it was the first time ever, EVER, that Iowa State beat a ranked team...while wearing black.
Haha

Yeah the comment pissed me off. Brando is better than that, and disappointing he didn’t do the 2 seconds of research it would have taken to know about our impressive 12 month resume.