1st Annual Cyclone Fanatic Forum Clonies Awards- 8. Poster Who's Missed the Most

CYinPA

Oct 18, 2010
Perhaps I haven't seen all of his posts, but I do not equate factually destroying someone's arguments with attacks.

Never read the guy's work, but you can attack someone while providing facts. Message and delivery can both be used in "attacks".

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I personally liked Phaedrus for bringing something new to the conversation. If I disagreed with his position on something (or he mine), he would provide evidence to support his position (not sure what the evidence was for the maid rite argument though:confused:).

Anyway, I can see where his unfiltered opinions would grate on some, but I don't see what that has to do with this vote. Maybe if there was a "poster who is not missed" award, he could win that too?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I personally liked Phaedrus for bringing something new to the conversation. If I disagreed with his position on something (or he mine), he would provide evidence to support his position (not sure what the evidence was for the maid rite argument though:confused:).

Anyway, I can see where his unfiltered opinions would grate on some, but I don't see what that has to do with this vote. Maybe if there was a "poster who is not missed" award, he could win that too?

I think we were lobbying for/against candidates?

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
I believe MoreCowbell is still around some, she just doesn't have a ton of time to post.
Yep.
I no longer sit in front of a computer for 8+ hours a day, and it's really put a cramp in my intarwebz time. I actually have to be a responsible adult and watch my kids so they don't set the house on fire and stuff.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Yep. Probably over on the Creighton board.
He was clearly a Mcdermott family memeber or close friend.
Which he never disclosed, thus making his assertions about the state of the program worth nothing.

I don't post here enough to recognize which poster has which trends. However, the initials "KG" coincide with the name of a guy from my hometown (Cascade, IA...same as McDermott) who is McDs nephew. So, I wouldn't be surprised if that was him and he is now a Creighton supporter.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Yep.
I no longer sit in front of a computer for 8+ hours a day, and it's really put a cramp in my intarwebz time. I actually have to be a responsible adult and watch my kids so they don't set the house on fire and stuff.

Well gee whiz, that's what a smart phone is for, duh... :jimlad:

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yep.
try harder to be less productive...