19 DL Ran Faster 40 Than Jewell. Should Move To DL

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
There are at least a few NFL guys who've said the exact opposite. Sorry, I know you're rooting against the kid. Which is weird.

A few might. Most are saying 4.7 or higher is too slow to play NFL LB.

Weird is TOE fans posting on a Iowa State board acting like they're rooting for Cyclones.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Weird is TOE fans posting on a Iowa State board acting like they're rooting for Cyclones.
Meh, Gonzo has been relatively good about acknowledging when ISU has a talented player - probably better about it than I am in the reverse.

• Disagree
Reactions: carvers4math

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Pat Angerer ran higher than 4.7. I want to see as many in-state guys go to the NFL as possible. All of my previous kidding about AL aside he seems like a good guy, from my neck of the woods, and I'll never have to worry about him vs. Iowa again. I definitely want to see him go as early as possible. Jewell is a high character guy, hard nosed, hard working, kept his mouth shut, doesn't talk trash, never got into any trouble, great leader, is from a solid family, has Iowa values... just weird that now that he's no longer an Iowa player you'd still wish the worst for his career. But I guess fandom is a helluva drug.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
... just weird that now that he's no longer an Iowa player you'd still wish the worst for his career. But I guess fandom is a helluva drug.

What exactly is your weirdness meter comment based on?

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Pat Angerer ran higher than 4.7. I want to see as many in-state guys go to the NFL as possible. All of my previous kidding about AL aside he seems like a good guy, from my neck of the woods, and I'll never have to worry about him vs. Iowa again. I definitely want to see him go as early as possible. Jewell is a high character guy, hard nosed, hard working, kept his mouth shut, doesn't talk trash, never got into any trouble, great leader, is from a solid family, has Iowa values... just weird that now that he's no longer an Iowa player you'd still wish the worst for his career. But I guess fandom is a helluva drug.

Ok?

Reactions: cyclonefam

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I like it when state of Iowa kids do well. Always nice no matter who they played for.

I am being serious here still. If this was the 80s or 90s and Hayden Fry saw this post of yours, he would probably have your season tickets pulled for speaking well of any ISU player. Not sure of your age, but he was the nastiest person ever in the rivalry (sad part is we let a non native divide us like that). I think as people age out of the Fry era, the rivalry has get into a more reasonable one on both sides.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I like it when state of Iowa kids do well. Always nice no matter who they played for.

I am being serious here still. If this was the 80s or 90s and Hayden Fry saw this post of yours, he would probably have your season tickets pulled for speaking well of any ISU player. Not sure of your age, but he was the nastiest person ever in the rivalry (sad part is we let a non native divide us like that). I think as people age out of the Fry era, the rivalry has get into a more reasonable one on both sides.
From what I see on rivalry game days - by kids even who never saw a Fry game - I seriously doubt this.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

I grew up in the Fry era. I think the rivalry was plenty nasty before he arrived.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You mean back in the 1930s or so? We didn't play before Fry was at Iowa.
Technically they did. The rivalry was recommenced in 1977. Fry started in 1979.

Those two years included this which was pretty contentious:
4251082760_672668c173_o.png

This would likely draw a taunting flag today.

Help Support Us

Become a patron