#18 Red Waiders vs #10 bLue Booers

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
Potential for it to end looks there for the taking. Question is, will teams worthy of contention (1) sweep or, at minimum, split with Kansas, and (2) rise a bit above cut-throat fray vs. other solid opponents?
WVU will win regular season Big 12 championship in my opinion. They seem much better than everyone this year.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Let's settle down with the KU not winning the Big12. Kansas's free agent period isn't over yet and I'm sure Self will hire the best mercenary that he can to right that ship. If things get much worse, they'll just let that guy play that wrecked the car from Adidas. Plus they have the guy that they're trying to doctor test scores to let him come in at the semester.

They'll be fine. They spend way too much money not to be.

• Agree
Reactions: timdcy

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
@stormchaser2014 re: thread title change

z9TWyf4.gif

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
WVU will win regular season Big 12 championship in my opinion. They seem much better than everyone this year.
Agreed. West Virginia is solid and adds two more good players this week. This KU team as it stands now is simply not very good. And if Preston and De Sousa don't get added to the mix in the next week, KU will be in a hole it cannot dig itself out of.

Oh well, the streak had to end eventually. I guess we now know what it took for KU to fail to win the Big 12; a combination of Kansas tying up 5 of it's scholarships on transfers who cannot play or who quit the team before the season starts; another one of their scholarships going to one of their top incoming freshmen who gets held out of play for the entire season and the Big 12 being so good that 7-8 teams are projected to make the ncaa tourney.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I'll still be surprised if KU doesn't win the conference, however, this is the most convinced I've been in a long time.
Be prepared to be surprised; this KU doesn't have what it takes. I have no idea when the last time that KU had 2+ home losses by double digits. It has to have been at least 20 years. And I think they have at least 2 more home losses coming as well.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
It seems odd to say but there was no point last night where Tech didn't look like the better team. Evans is rock solid at the point and they have a lot of nice pieces spread throughout their lineup.

And Fran is just the best. He still manages to give KU their due, but he doesn't feel the need to pull any punches about their history of favorable calls. He makes the game better without taking it over.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Self has always had the best players/most talent/talented bigs.

But he doesn't have the best players this year, for maybe the first time in his 13 year run. OU has a better guard, Tech/TCU more experience, WVU better size, etc.

Big fan of Beard. What a recruiting find this Zhaire Smith is, what an athlete.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Any free agents Bill can pick up at the trade deadline?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Holy Crap Tech is really good. They will destroy ISU with that defense. Also, where the heck did Beard find those freshman? They look like 4/5 star recruits. I wouldn't be surprised if Tech won the league this year nor would I be surprised if they made a Final Four run.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
KU is in trouble if Preston and De Sousa don't start playing soon. From the game last night they said Azubuike is having back problems and you could tell when he could barely jump. If they don't get either of those bigs they will definitely lose the league this year.