'17-'18 ISU's 2nd Highest Enrollment Ever

D

Deleted member 8507

Anyone remember the place down in Huxley where you get cheap tee shirts from obscure colleges? I used to have quite a few Austin Peay shirts. Let's go Peay!
I thought it was in Grinnell. That is the only one I knew of. It was a screen print business that would do apparel for many colleges around the U.S. and sell off mistakes, overruns, rejects, etc.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
What was the bar that was right next to Top of the Town on the upper level? You could walk to it from Top of the Town without going back downstairs. It wasn't SJ Willy's- that was on the street level.

Thanks to the poster who mentioned Beemer's and Foul Play. I've been trying to remember those names for awhile!

Wasn't it That Place & Top of the Town?

JMA1125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2014
Wasn't it That Place & Top of the Town?
Didn't the bar next to Top of the Town (upper level) have a different name? I recall you walked across some wood planks to get to it from Top of the Town, and it had a dance floor up front by the windows.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Didn't the bar next to Top of the Town (upper level) have a different name? I recall you walked across some wood planks to get to it from Top of the Town, and it had a dance floor up front by the windows.

Almost certain it was "That Place". It was two levels.

Reactions: JMA1125

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Anyone remember the place down in Huxley where you get cheap tee shirts from obscure colleges? I used to have quite a few Austin Peay shirts. Let's go Peay!

Collegiate Pacific? Used to be a couple different locations in Ames in the early 80s. I had a Bemidji State sweatshirt from there I used to wear all the time as a kid.

Reactions: TXCyclones

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Collegiate Pacific? Used to be a couple different locations in Ames in the early 80s. I had a Bemidji State sweatshirt from there I used to wear all the time as a kid.

If I recall that was Northeast of LincolnWay/Duff by the power plant? I'd forgotten that, but I used to get some gems from those overrun/mistake sales.