149 next year

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
Top returners for next year...
Who else joins the mix?

1 Matthew Kolodzik, Prin, Jr
2 Grant Leeth, Miz, Sr
3 Ke-Shawn Hayes, OSU, Jr
4 Ryan Deakin, NW, So
5 Boo Lewallen, Okie St, Jr
6 Justin Oliver, CM, Sr
7 Max Thomsen, UNI, Jr
8 Jarred Degen, ISU, So
9 Ryan Blees, VT, Sr
10 Alfred Bannister, MD, Sr
11 Jared Prince, Navy, So
12 Steve Bleise, Minn, Sr

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Any rumors where Lee from PSU ends up next year. He didn't look like a huge 141 pounder but he was pretty long and PSU doesn't tend to have guys cut a ton of weight. I know they have Verkleeren along with some other studs around that weight.

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
Any rumors where Lee from PSU ends up next year. He didn't look like a huge 141 pounder but he was pretty long and PSU doesn't tend to have guys cut a ton of weight. I know they have Verkleeren along with some other studs around that weight.
I heard once that he would likely redshirt, but not sure how credible of a source that was. They have several wrestlers that could fill the void. If I were to guess, Brady Berge gets the 149 spot. He was an incredible talent in high school.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I heard once that he would likely redshirt, but not sure how credible of a source that was. They have several wrestlers that could fill the void. If I were to guess, Brady Berge gets the 149 spot. He was an incredible talent in high school.

It’s very possible Verkleeren never sees the mat for PSU. That’s how loaded they are around these weights.

• Agree
Reactions: csteve

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I'd guess Lewallen will move up to 57 to make room for Gfeller at Okie State, but who knows, they have to fit Chandler Rogers and JoJo Smith in there as well. Someone may just have to ride the bench.

Zander Wick, the twin brother of Evan Wick (3rd @165) tore his labrum in his hip midway thru the year this year. He teched Degen in vegas and will be in the mix.