1460 Morning Rush- Sean Leaving, or Not?

StevieISU23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2007
Urbandale
So, Whats the Story.

He was supposedly leaving, but was on the air this Monday AM.

I couldn't quite put it all together, fired from the bank...what?

Can anyone elaborate on this.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Ha, also curious. I got in the car this morning as they were about to start "Sean's Morning Dump".

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
From what I understood was he didn't want to take the promotion at the bank he was working at, so they fired him. Not exactly sure though

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Is his stupidity shtick? Anyway maybe the station counter offered

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
From what I understood was he didn't want to take the promotion at the bank he was working at, so they fired him. Not exactly sure though

Pretty obvious from his Twitter that he denied the promotion, but not sure if they fired him or not because of it.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
No idea who this guy is but I have never heard of a company firing someone because they turned down a promotion. One it's odd to turn down a promotion and two it's odd to fire someone for turning it down.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
If he has the same attitude and skills at the bank that he does on the radio (if it isn’t an act), how could he get or keep a job.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
That show absolutely blows. I listen some mornings when there is a local sports story that I know will be the topic of discussion, but for the most part it's just Travis and his fart jokes, Heather and her mostly uninformed and embarrassing knowledge of the ISU perspective, and Sean (of course he spells his name that way) who brings nothing interesting to any conversation ever and whose only role is to be Travis's punching bag.

Wish there was an actual local morning option for daily listening, but until then I guess I'll listen to this one periodically while it circles the drain.

Last edited:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Shocking...a simple question quickly turns into a bash the host/producers and show thread mainly coming from anonymous user names.

• Funny
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Sean would like to continue working this show in hopes of rising up the ranks in the radio field. I think the bank was salty or upset that Sean wasn't 100% committed to the managerial job so they fired him.

As for his skills, from what I can tell he is good at his job, but doesn't think before he talks.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Sean would like to continue working this show in hopes of rising up the ranks in the radio field. I think the bank was salty or upset that Sean wasn't 100% committed to the managerial job so they fired him.

As for his skills, from what I can tell he is good at his job, but doesn't think before he talks.

I think he's a good producer but I don't know if he'd be a good host. They also tell him all the time how there's no money in it.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I think he's a good producer but I don't know if he'd be a good host. They also tell him all the time how there's no money in it.
I agree, he isn't the best with words. I think if you had a show or segment that was strictly about baseball he would do fine.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
That show absolutely blows. I listen some mornings when there is a local sports story that I know will be the topic of discussion, but for the most part it's just Travis and his fart jokes, Heather and her mostly uninformed and embarrassing knowledge of the ISU perspective, and Sean (of course he spells his name that way) who brings nothing interesting to any conversation ever and whose only role is to be Travis's punching bag.

Wish there was an actual local morning option for daily listening, but until then I guess I'll listen to this one periodically while it circles the drain.

You mean the way almost every person of irish descent would spell it?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

Ignoring the other points you made, you're really bagging on a guy for the way his parents named him/spelled his name?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I agree, he isn't the best with words. I think if you had a show or segment that was strictly about baseball he would do fine.

I've never worked in radio so this is just speculation, but I would imagine that a big part of becoming a good show host is just reps and experience. I remember when Ross was a producer on the old T and T morning show, and he never contributed much. He always sounded uncomfortable and somewhat surprised when they threw to him, similar to how Sean sounds now. And now Ross is my favorite KXNO personality (sorry, CW. No shame in second place). It just took time and experience for him.

Maybe Sean could be a pretty good sports talk guy, but it would help if they would give him a chance to actually contribute instead of constantly mocking him.

• Agree
Reactions: dosry5