***#14 Iowa State: Battle in the River City (Sat., Nov. 5)***

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Hope you don’t think Swiderski has a shot against Woods either.
I'm not giving him great odds in Carver, but we have next to no data points on Swiderski so it's much harder to say with any confidence. Before last weekend I would have said Mendez over Byrd would have been about the same probability as Swiderski over Woods. Turns out that true freshman is already better than a back-to-back 5th place finisher.

So you're comparing apples to oranges to some extent.

Reactions: cywr89

Primetime26

Sep 7, 2012
I don't disagree. It is not likely, especially in Carver.

If we win the 3 favorites (74 being the only iffy one), 33 and 97 are very, VERY winnable. Then you just need to one of 41-57. 41 will be tough and no offense to the guys at 57 but that thing is still getting worked out. So that leaves 49. If Paniro can stick it to Austin Gomez, he sure as sh*t can beat Max freakin' Murin. It is not likely. But it's for damn sure not impossible. And this is even assuming Lee does wrestle. Regardless, this thing is gonna be a god damn war.
LOVE the way these guys came out last weekend but beating Iowa is a different animal.

I just think PJ matches up better against Gomez than he does Murin. Same with Redding matching up better with Lamont vs. Teske/Cullan.

It's possible but I don't think its a likely as most want to believe.

A win at 57 would go a long way in this one.

Its ******* crazy how razor thin this dual is going to be. Man i wish it was Hilton

• Agree
Reactions: Proton

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
LOVE the way these guys came out last weekend but beating Iowa is a different animal.

I just think PJ matches up better against Gomez than he does Murin. Same with Redding matching up better with Lamont vs. Teske/Cullan.

Its ******* crazy how razor thin this dual is going to be. Man i wish it was Hilton
You can probably get into Hilton for free that night.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa

Redding is better than both

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

I can’t wait to see Paniro/Murin.

Reactions: CyGold

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I’m putting our win chance at around 25% at that cesspool. With that being said I don’t think these young guns give a **** about the Iowa style or about what the crowd can try to influence. This ain’t the 90’s anymore these kids wrestle in the spotlights all the time now. Plus this group I think thrives off of it whether they are being cheered or boo’d they want it all…just dawgs.

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
I’m putting our win chance at around 25% at that cesspool. With that being said I don’t think these young guns give a **** about the Iowa style or about what the crowd can try to influence. This ain’t the 90’s anymore these kids wrestle in the spotlights all the time now. Plus this group I think thrives off of it whether they are being cheered or boo’d they want it all…just dawgs.
Yes and plus I don’t think Iowa fans will have much to boo about with this squad and stalling. They still will but this team has looked to score points.

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
25% with Lee wrestling or no?

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Carr finished the regular season last year poorly by his standards. Perhaps fatigue of one kind or another. I think finally going up to 165 has to be great for his mental health. New weight, new and improved Carr. All this is to say I don’t think those results at the end of last year are very predictive. I expect him to roll.

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
If Paniro goes in there and wins what’s the chances of him getting the Gomez treatment? I’d say 95%
We really should bring our own police for safety. An early upset win could easily lead to beer cans being thrown at our bench. We can borrow Campbell’s right hand man I assume there is a contract in place there.

1CycloneWrestlingFan

Jan 5, 2020
If Lee goes, we will more than likely draw for starting point, right? Team doesnt want to start off on a bad foot. What weight would best suit our draw? 65 is my opinion, curious as to others. David and Gaitan not pulling a lot of weight so they should be good off scale, and gives Redding and casey a little more time to recover.

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
If Lee goes, we will more than likely draw for starting point, right? Team doesnt want to start off on a bad foot. What weight would best suit our draw? 65 is my opinion, curious as to others. David and Gaitan not pulling a lot of weight so they should be good off scale, and gives Redding and casey a little more time to recover.
I like the idea of starting off fast with hopefully winning 165-197, I just don't know if I like the idea of having true freshman go back-to-back to end a dual we might have a chance of winning

Ocy Docy

Oct 26, 2018
I like the idea of starting off fast with hopefully winning 165-197, I just don't know if I like the idea of having true freshman go back-to-back to end a dual we might have a chance of winning
Maybe start with Bastida and end with Coleman.