***#14 Iowa State: Battle in the River City (Sat., Nov. 5)***

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I mean Kennedy only beat Grant Stotts 8-4 LAST YEAR, pretty sure Carr would beat Grant by more, just saying.
This summer Kennedy beat multiple AAs (Robb who has given Carr all he can handle before, and Peyton Hall). Kennedy was a top 10 P4P recruit and coming off some time training with Marinelli and Kemmerer.

ISU fans should be ready for a war. Hope it’s not as close as I think.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
This summer Kennedy beat multiple AAs (Robb who has given Carr all he can handle before, and Peyton Hall). Kennedy was a top 10 P4P recruit and coming off some time training with Marinelli and Kemmerer.

ISU fans should be ready for a war. Hope it’s not as close as I think.
Carr isn’t going to lose to Kennedy. Carr is 3-0 vs Robb with the point totals 20-10. I’m not sure that’s all he can handle.

Hall beat Kennedy too. Did Kennedy beat those two in freestyle?

Reactions: cyputz

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Carr isn’t going to lose to Kennedy. Carr is 3-0 vs Robb with the point totals 20-10. I’m not sure that’s all he can handle.

Hall beat Kennedy too. Did Kennedy beat those two in freestyle?
If you think it won’t be close, that’s you’re right. Setting yourself up for a big let down. Kennedy is every bit as good as someone like Hamiti.

1CycloneWrestlingFan

Jan 5, 2020
Not saying it won't be close, but Kennedy is a different guy in freestyle looking at strictly last years results. He lost to Will Formato in folkstyle last year. Great skillset for freestyle. Holds center well, and picks his spots, but he's not getting to Carr's legs. Hes not riding Carr if Hamiti cant. Hall almost rode Kennedy for a minute. Believe Carr can get rt, and win the td battle. Carr by 4 or 5

Reactions: CyCity

Cyowa 14

THE Iowa State University Class of 2014
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 26, 2019
Not saying it won't be close, but Kennedy is a different guy in freestyle looking at strictly last years results. He lost to Will Formato in folkstyle last year. Great skillset for freestyle. Holds center well, and picks his spots, but he's not getting to Carr's legs. Hes not riding Carr if Hamiti cant. Hall almost rode Kennedy for a minute. Believe Carr can get rt, and win the td battle. Carr by 4 or 5
This ⬆️, had a few people tell me they were worried because carr couldn't ride hamiti but I really think it was just that Carr wanted no part of it. Hamiti is dangerous on bottom so I think he will be able to ride Kennedy. Also hamiti doesn't get enough respect in my opinion, he's freaking good, I'd pick him with a comfortable 2 or 3 point win over Kennedy

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
If you think it won’t be close, that’s you’re right. Setting yourself up for a big let down. Kennedy is every bit as good as someone like Hamiti.
Close in score perhaps, but not expecting it to be particularly close in terms of the actual wrestling. We've seen how David wrestles top guys enough to know how it likely goes. Kennedy won't get close to his legs and David will get a couple counter takedowns and wont get ridden. Win 5-3 or 7-4, something like that where it looks "close" in a box score but not particularly so in reality.

I get Kennedy is legit and he'll be an AA contender for sure out of the gates, but he has not done anything at the NCAA level to say with certainty that he's "every bit as someone like Hamiti". True freshman Hamiti beat 8 of the R16 guys at 165 last year including Kharchla, Wentzel and Hall (who beat Kennedy). Kennedy was in his second year in the Iowa room and his best win was Cael Carlson or I count Yant since he was up solidly before Yant got hurt.

Again, not saying Kennedy isn't legit, but it's a stretch to think he's truly going to be close to beating Carr at this stage of his career.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
So what’s the right answer?
That “wrong” was attached to the wrong message. I was responding to crabs claim that ISU has no chance of winning if Lee wrestles. As usual Buf and tiger are dead on about 149.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Jesus H Christ, people. There’s one, MAYBE two guys that could compete with David. That’s it. Patrick F*cking Kennedy is not one of them.

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
Jesus H Christ, people. There’s one, MAYBE two guys that could compete with David. That’s it. Patrick F*cking Kennedy is not one of them.
Nobody thought Willits could compete with Carr last year either but unfortunately the "one in a hundred chance" happened. Even though some may seem invincible, reality is that these are college athletes and parity is real. Many wrestlers have a chance in most any given match no matter how much of an underdog.

That said, Carr is absolutely the better wrestler and as long as he establishes control early, I expect him to win by a 3-5pt margin.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Nobody thought Willits could compete with Carr last year either but unfortunately the "one in a hundred chance" happened. Even though some may seem invincible, reality is that these are college athletes and parity is real. Many wrestlers have a chance in most any given match no matter how much of an underdog.

That said, Carr is absolutely the better wrestler and as long as he establishes control early, I expect him to win by a 3-5pt margin.
I hear what you're saying but that one loss is exactly what you said: one in a hundred. Of course, there is always a "chance" but that loss to Willits was probably the biggest upset of the entire damn tournament last year. You and I both have watched David make mincemeat out of quality wrestler after quality wrestler. I would be absolutely shocked if some guy who was multiple tiers below David's talent level was able to take him out again.

Cyowa 14

THE Iowa State University Class of 2014
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 26, 2019

That was an absolute embarrassment of a match on the official. Willits didn't take one shot, and I mean literally not one. Any wrestler in the country that's hard to score on would have won that match with the way the official called it. I guess you could say Carr has to figure out how to win when the opponent stalls but that was beyond stalling

JohnPrineforCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2019
I think this year the dual will be competive, and I feel liker there are a lot more toss up matches this year compared to previous years. Also, think we need to take into effect the possiblitity of getting "Carvered". Weird **** just happens there.

Reactions: MnBrPg

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think this year the dual will be competive, and I feel liker there are a lot more toss up matches this year compared to previous years. Also, think we need to take into effect the possiblitity of getting "Carvered". Weird **** just happens there.
I am trying not to put my nutcup on for it but this is a real possibility. But, if it were to to happen...... the tears from them will be insatiable. Can you all even imagine how ballistic those two dumbfucks will be? They will piss and moan till the cows come home. It would be one of the most glorious things ever.

JohnPrineforCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2019
I am trying not to put my nutcup on for it but this is a real possibility. But, if it were to to happen...... the tears from them will be insatiable. Can you all even imagine how ballistic those two dumbfucks will be? They will piss and moan till the cows come home. It would be one of the most glorious things ever.
If that somehow happens the Holidays would have for sure come early, and I wouldnt ask for anything else.

• Winner
Reactions: JM4CY

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Is Hunter Willits? Or Payton Robb (who took Carr to OT last year)?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Is Hunter Willits? Or Payton Robb (who took Carr to OT last year)?
frustrated-exasperated.gif

Reactions: CyCity

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron