***#14 Iowa State: Battle in the River City (Sat., Nov. 5)***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I don't remember his ranking but even Carr redshirted, and the #1 ranked kid out of Swiderski's class, Nick Feldman of Ohio State, will most likely redshirt
Wasn’t Jesse Mendez the #1 P4P recruit? Casey beat him, but I thought Mendez was the guy. He’s the 133 at Ohio State, at least right now. Not sure if he’ll redshirt though.

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
I wish they would’ve wrestled Broderson

It is interesting that they didn’t. Not sure what to read into that. The meet was all but won from the team perspective. If Broderson is “the guy” I think he has to have that match.

I would like to hear the rationale.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This turnaround doesn’t happen without the DEPTH the coaches have built in the room. Practice partners matter and competition in the room brings out the best

The coaches have said the difference this year is that the young guys have come in and said.... I'm not planning on being a back up guy.... I want to start. They aren't settling for anything but starting. That has created a lot of great competition.

Reactions: 4theheckofit

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Also I think we should take that with all of Paniro's downs this year because he is a freshman and he's going to have his ups and downs. Today was a good day but he's more than likely to have some bad days in the future. And the same thing should be said for Swiderski, both are super tough weight classes this year
What is your problem? Both are legit. Yes they may get beat but it probably won’t be against anyone outside of the top 10. Quit thinking we don’t deserve the ass kicking we did on a top team.

Cyguy1994

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2021
I thought gomez looked way big, definitely different body types. Paniro is built like brick sh1thouse though

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I can't get over that dominating performace today. This team is gong to be so much fun to watch this year. Wisconsin had 5 returning AAs and the went 0-5. Great statment win to start the season
This is the best I’ve felt after a wrestling event since probably the Cael years. Very early in the season, but the team is very young and should improve a lot as the season progresses which is very exciting. Just have to stay humble and keep grinding. Can’t wait to watch them live next week!