10th Straight Loss in Big 12 Games Decided by 7 Points or Less

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Our last win in a Big 12 game decided by 7 points or less was 24-21 against Okie State in October 2021. We've lost 9 in a row since that game. Let's all hope that streak ends tonight.

You could spend a long time trying to correctly (or incorrectly) call a coin flip 10 times in a row.

Update: Unfortunately, the streak continues. We've now lost 10 straight conference games that were decided by 7 points or less.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Snydes

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
I really thought we'd get the W after Easton Dean's touchdown. This one hurts. It means a losing season as well.

Campbell has to make some changes. You can't score only 10 points on 470 yards of offense. You can't outgain 10 of your 11 opponents and come away with only 4 wins.

Our red zone offense has become way too predictable. It's been that way all year. No misdirection. No play action.

Reactions: agentbear

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
That punt on 4th was the single worst coaching decision I've seen in his whole tenure here. Just threw the game away without even attempting to save it.
It's one thing if we have 3 timeouts, but I agree, one of the dumbest decisions I've seen all year in CFB.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
That punt on 4th was the single worst coaching decision I've seen in his whole tenure here. Just threw the game away without even attempting to save it.
What are you talking about? I mean we had 1 TO left. We could have gotten the ball back with 40sec and no TO’s. I mean 1-10 Matt was on top of his game there!

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

If you are talking of the last one of the game.......that's called mailing it in.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I really thought we'd get the W after Easton Dean's touchdown. This one hurts. It means a losing season as well.

Campbell has to make some changes. You can't score only 10 points on 470 yards of offense. You can't outgain 10 of your 11 opponents and come away with only 4 wins.

Our red zone offense has become way too predictable. It's been that way all year. No misdirection. No play action.
The stats across the board compared to the record we have and everything in between makes for one of the most bizarre seasons ever. What we have done this year with the defensive numbers, the above offensive stats and such you pointed out is a complete anomaly. It's almost impossible to not have a winning record with the stats across the board we have. The top-10 defense alone typically puts you at .500 at the very worst. It's stunning really.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
How many games have we lost as a favorites over the past 2 years? Got be at or near top. That theme is always coaching and it’s getting more and more obvious.

Reactions: Snydes