108-3 Whipping

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
That "commitment to excellence" comes at a cost. In this case, it was the ego of teenage girls that was affected by the effective implementation of McGill's personal philosophy. Given that West Ridge is a school for at-risk youth, those egos in question may be even more fragile than most.

"The bastards. We will get them next year. God will be on our side next year."

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
I don't understand why the media tries to constantly make stories about games that have outcomes like this. The losing school's coaches and administrators had no problem with the outcome of the game, or anything else that took place during the game. This is a complete non-story.

I especially like their title, "...raises questions..." Really? From whom? Nobody quoted in the story seemed to have too many questions about the matter.

If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the losing school for putting a bunch of at-risk kids in a situation where they are destined to fail. Way to boost those kids' self esteem!

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
not really related to the story, but the Girls Union in Iowa needs to adopt the rule the Boys Association did this year and have a running clock after a 35 pt lead.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The winning coach will be fired now that the story is national and outside mormon Country.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Maybe the other team shouldn't have sucked?
There is that sucking argument again, the same thread that we had last year. My only point is bouncing the ball in a four square and flipping it up the second half is no more degrading than pounding the rock for 25 points a quarter and steam rolling the other team. The coach quoted the rout score last year, but has anyone heard of a 108-3 score before. I mean, the game was over after the first minute. There should have been a 50 point rule. So, hoe did they score 3 points? A three pointer? Foul shots. Some video might shed light on this poor excuse of scheduling games. This is like a college team went and played a ninth grade team. So he had nine player on the bench. Hey., coach, play four players. remmeber, the last guy from last year was fiured for being too much of a sports hound. Give them a break.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I have no problem with it. What is the winning team supposed to do quit?? I never understood why a coach would run his team out there knowing that they would get embarrassed this bad. I blame the losing coach for making his girls play that game. I also want to compliment someone on the losing team for Launching a 3 pointer or knocking down 3 free throws or going old school 3 point play. That chick can score.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
What's the point of ramming it down the throat of a team that is obviously that overmatched?
It is not good for either team. It demoralizes the losing team and teaches the winning team that being awesome and scoring 100 points is the most important thing.

The coach was quoted as saying he thought it would be more insulting if his team took it easy on them. There is a big difference between patronizing them and slowing it down just a little so you win by 60 instead of 105.

Beating another team by 105 doesn't teach your team a darn thing. They would learn more in practice against their backups.

I think a running clock makes a lot of sense in this kind of situation or a 50 pt mercy rule.

On question I have is why the two school are in the same league. The alternative school has no chance to compete and would be better off in a lower level of competition if possible.

The one saving grace of this story is that at least its high school and not younger kids.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
108-3 girls basketball rout raises questions - Prep Rally - High School* - Yahoo! Sports

"The stunning scoreline -- from a varsity game in which Christian Heritage reportedly never used a full-court press -- nearly defies belief. As reported in the Deseret News and Salt Lake Tribune, Christian Heritage scored 28 points per quarter for the first three periods and 24 in the fourth, providing a consistent average of nearly two baskets per minute across the entire game"

As CyCrazy posted about a whipping, I assumed it was an update on his last encounter with his dominatrix . I stand corrected.

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
What's the big deal? Blowouts happen all the time in sports. They only made one bucket and it was a three? Any team with talent can score at least 10 points without thinking. This isn't a big deal.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Are these the same 2 teams that were involved last year in this type of score? The one school name seems familiar.

EDIT: Looking at it, no.

Last edited: