1/21 games

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Then why does it matter who wins the other game on Tuesday?

I'm not sure I need to add to the obvious as stated above. But my favorite team is K-State and whoever is playing Ku, pretty much regardless who that may be, although I'll probably be, on balance, ambivalent when Ku plays at UK. I can't think of two programs more loathed than those. And I do detest the SEC.

Reactions: carvers4math

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009
No, not really. If you don't finish in first place, what does it really matter? I don't recall a team that has their 3rd place in the Big 12 banner hanging in the rafters anywhere.

2nd place in this conference may soon be banner worthy.

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009
I'm not sure I need to add to the obvious as stated above. But my favorite team is K-State and whoever is playing Ku, pretty much regardless who that may be, although I'll probably be, on balance, ambivalent when Ku plays at UK. I can't think of two programs more loathed than those. And I do detest the SEC.

It's almost like if you win a lot, nobody likes you.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It's almost like if you win a lot, nobody likes you.

2nd place in this conference may soon be banner worthy.

giphy.gif

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Nobody plays the "we weren't really trying" card like a KSU fan.

I suppose you're trying to make a point? Mine is simple, if the Big 12 was such a tough basketball league, no one would win it 13 consecutive years and be such an epic fail in the tournament. Ku goes to the Big 10, they'd be like Nebraska football. No way to prove that other than by extension of their historical performances in the dance. I do think the Big 12 is starting to improve though.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: isufbcurt

ChampFantana

Jan 30, 2009
So the conference that Iowa plays in is vastly superior to the conference that Iowa State plays in? Are you sure this is the optimal forum for this argument?

Reactions: isufbcurt

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I suppose you're trying to make a point? Mine is simple, if the Big 12 was such a tough basketball league, no one would win it 13 consecutive years and be such an epic fail in the tournament. Ku goes to the Big 10, they'd be like Nebraska football. No way to prove that other than by extension of their historical performances in the dance. I do think the Big 12 is starting to improve though.
Name three more teams in the entire country that have more ncaa tourney wins since Self got to KU in 03-04 than Self's 30. I won't hold my breath.

Sure it would be nice to have more than 8 Sweet Sixteens, 6 Elie Eights, 2 Final Fours and a national title in the last 13 years but it's really not as dsappointing as you might think...

Any loss in the tourney is disappointing, but arguing that Self's record is an "epic fail" is the only epic fail here.