09-10 North Champs???

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
This is dumbest thread of 2009 and there have been some dumb threads so far. ISU has a 10 game losing streak and has lost 17 straight road games. ISU is a bad team. No way in hell ISU can win 9 games next season and certainly not win 3 road games. I can make an argument for 6, but even that is a stretch.

ISU wins 4 next year.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
No way am I joining any prediction threads. For one, all we do is bash Hawkeye fans for their unrealistic expectations. Secondly, I made my predictions in 2008. Thought we'd be lucky to see 6 or 7 wins, but saw no reason we wouldn't get to 5. I give up.

Well, sorry, I actually did join the thread. I'm just not going to make any predictions. I have no idea what we'll do.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
As a Cyclone fan, I say we go into the last game at 5-6 with a shot at a bowl game...

and lose on some freak play that has happened twice since football was invented. :no:

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
7-5 next year....
playing in the Independence Bowl against Rat Chizik....and beating him.

Then most of our fan-base storms the field....and about 5 guys punch Chiz in the balls.

Called it.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
7-5 next year....

Then most of our fan-base storms the field....and about 5 guys punch Chiz in the balls.

Called it.

IF Rhoads has us in a bowl game next year - shouldn't we be thanking Gene?

ameshammer

Dec 31, 2008
Ankeny
I would assume that a 4 to 5 win season next year would appease most ISU fans. However, if we go 2-10 again, I won't be surprised.

C

Cyclone42

You see us losing to Baylor, but beating Kansas, Nebraska, AND Missouri?

Whatever it is you are taking, smoking, or otherwise absorbing, I want some of it! :biglaugh:

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Given the last few seasons, we probably will break 3-4 wins, but I just don't know how or see how things will get turned around that fast. I think things seem brighter for 2012, but the next 3 years, I just dont see it.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
7-5 next year....

Called it.

How about we accept to both the Independence and Houston Bowls, that way we can just send in the ames high squad to mop the floor with whatever GC can put together. And then we can beat Buffalo in Houston. :wink:

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I don't count any road game as a win right off the top. Would I like to see us walk into Kansas and win next year? Damn right I would! Am I expecting it? By no means. I'm honestly worried about going into Kent State just because we haven't proven we can win on the road. Same with at Nebraska and at Missouri in 2009. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it'd be a Kansas-esque turnaround if it did. (2-10 to 9-3)

Hey as long as we're mimicking Kansas' season last year, our bball team might as well win a National Championship too!

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Nice list, but not going to drink the kool-aid just yet. If everyone on offense comes back next year with a OC who will take it to you, then we have a shot at some winnalble games!! If we recruit well and the verbals stick then I really think we are in good posistion to win. Nebraska is just as beatable as any team because I believe any team in the Big Twelve can win on any given saturday. I really like the players we have now and if they all stick together and stay here will have success.....NO DOUBT. OUT.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
I wouldn't be real surprised if we won the North just based on some talent returning at key spots, especially on O. That being said, it will be tough for the team to learn a new system and be able to play at full speed. We might lose a few games where we are equal or greater in talent because the players have to learn a new system.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron